replacement 211 seems to work

shelly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2003
A week ago, I started a thread about receiving both 61.5 and 129, thinking my upgrade to mpeg 4 VIP 211 included new 1000.2 dish. The installer, however, kept my current setup (dish 500 for 110,119 and dish 300 aimed at 61.5 with 2 sw-21 switches) and just gave me new 211.

I had 7 freezes in the first 4 hours, doing soft and hard reboots to get 10-30 minutes before another freeze. Dish agreed to send me replacement 211, which has been running fine for almost 3 hours straight now. That's a major improvement over my first 211 and hopefully it will continue to play on forever.

Also discovered a leak between walls in my home today, with a fix costing approximately $1500, but knowing that my replacement 211 is fine makes the day shine. :)

Shelly

And thanks for the support you lent in my other thread when I was having all the problems with my first 211.

Some concern this morning as I always leave my sat and cable boxes on 24/7 and noticed the Dish 211 green light was not on. I turned on the tv and there was a Dish screen telling me to press the Select button.

Something told me to go into Preferences and I found the setting for Inactivity/Sleep and disabled it.

Yeah, owning your own home does have some expensive pitfalls.

Shelly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)