Replacement 622 keeps rebooting

Stan Sherman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
According to dish this is a known problem with L4.43. My other 622 is working perfectly. They told me that they are working on a fix and offered another replacement receiver. The new one will arrive on Wed. This will be #3.

thats to many have you checked your electrical for amps voltage, satellite cables for damages, LNB, and does it have enough space for proper air ventilation?

thats to many have you checked your electrical for amps voltage, satellite cables for damages, LNB, and does it have enough space for proper air ventilation?

It is by itself on an open shelf. Replaced the cable to the switch (DP44) and tried swiching outlets. The first replacement was dead out of the box, the second had a defective Hard drive. This one worked fine the first two weeks. The CSR told me that this is a known issue on a few 622s with L4.43 and they are working on a solution.

If you keep getting 622's that go bad, it's not the 622's - you might want to start checking your electrical service and grounding, as well as the dish and cabling to including grounding.

I just got a replacement 622 to try and fix my HDMI / HDCP issue and it rebooted itself atleast 10 times in 4 hours. I called dish and had them reauthorize my old 622 and I'm sending the replacement straight back. Where is the QC ?:mad:

Chris

I am now on my second VIP622. Had all the same runaround conversations with the Technical Support people. First guy said it was a hardware issue and sent a new receiver out. Second receiver lasted about 10 minutes and then started to reboot. Next TS person said it was a power issue. Brand new house... brand new electrical and no other piece of equipment I have has any issues. But I moved to a new room and put it where my 721 is located that wasn't having any problems. Same thing... reboot after about 5 minutes.

So I call the TS again and let them know it was still happening and they finally fessed up to this being a "known software" problem. I am in the software business, and I told her to get them to rollback the software to where it was before because my receiver worked great for about 4 months straight. No sound issues, no picture issues, no recording issues. TS said they don't do that, but we will send you another receiver just to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Told her to send it... what ever. But if this don't work and I can't get a software patch, I'm leaving DISH.

Also I sent an email to DishQuality@echostar.com and complained about it a bit.

The only reason that I got into this mess is the original receiver did not work on HDMI, it was working perfectly in every other aspect. Since I purchased an audio receiver for my bedroom with HDMI switching capability I wanted a 622 with the HDMI operable. 4 weeks plus later, I regreet sending It back. A new 622 is arriving today, hopefully this will be the end of this nightmare!

I adh the same issue with a 622, read a post that said to check switch with the sat line unhooked, then do another check switch hooked to the sat. It worked fine for several months, so I got a replcement from Dish. The new one works fine, so I say it was a software issue with that old unit.

After about 90 days of operation, my box started rebooting yesterday.
Now it reboots about every 10 seconds. On an open shelf, not hot
or anything. I think it is the power supply, and not firmware. The
box sure seems to be junk. Since its leased they are replacing it.

I had two 508 receivers that constantly re-booted. The units were replaced by two new 510 units with virtually the same problem. Those two units were again replaced with two remanuf 510's with again the same problem. Based on info received from an on site field supervisor I upgraded to two 510 receivers. Foolish me. The upgrade was free but had to agree to 18 month commitment. I later found out that the 508, 510, 522 receivers all had the same software problem. It is a power supply issue and Dish Network does not know when, if ever, it will be resolved. I intend to write to Dish Network, 9601 Meridian Blvd., Englewood, Colorado, 80112, attn: Executive Team in hopes of, but don't expect, some type of resolvement. If anyone out there in satellite land has issues of this type, kindly post.

Not to dredge up two posts regarding my problem, but found this thread after doing some digging. My 622 just started doing this last night, seemed to reboot every 10-15 minutes or so.

Can't an installer just bring out a new 622 instead of waiting for one to get shipped to me? And how will this reflect on the ext. HD I currently have hooked up to my 622? Does this mean that if I need to get two more replacement DVR's taking me over 3, I'll be screwed out of using it?

I live in Kansas and I just had this issue with my 622 DVR system. I signed up last July and the system worked fine till about about a month ago. It would do a intermitent reboot and Id loose connectivity a couple times. Then it progressively got worse. I had the receiver changed out. I got the new recieve and it worked for about 2 weeks then it would reboot and not come back due to its cronic shutting down. Id have to leave it off for several hours and then it would work. I sent that one back. I got my 3rd unit last week and after it got its initial update. It was constantly rebooting. At first it would let you watch about 2 minutes to 30 seconds of TV before it would reboot again. They played the game of having me plug it into different power outlets and such until they said it was bad. They are going to ship me my 4th reciever (in 3 - 5 days). I am shipping the lastest one back first because I cant watch any TV with it. If this next one is bad. Im leaving dishnetwork.

I did look online and found this is going on with others as well:

ViP 622 reboot issues [Archive] - DBSTalk.Com

What's weird is that I've only had an issue of it rebooting on one evening. Hasn't done it since. I had called Dish and they sent me a replacement, but for some reason UPS didn't leave the box. I'll probably just let it go back since it seems to be hit or miss with these boxes working.

I started having the same issues mid december, after our 14mo old (flawless) 622 died during a poweroutage at the same time as the daily update (I suspect that's what killed it, error 601 or something like that).
Any get the first replacement, worked a few days then constant rebooting, like less than a min apart, so not even able to fully load. Get the 2nd 622 many days later due to the holidays, and it worked fine, for an hour, then rebooted at min once an hour. called again frustrated and finally got a 3rd 622. The strange thing about #3 was it came from Alberquerque not Spartan(?) SC. The box looked different, had different packing material, had original instructions not photocopies, and had cable identifing stickers. I had to jinx it, but it's been on for 5 days now. So there is a problem with something, not sure what it is.

My post

Same here. Had an original 622 perfect for a couple of years. The HDMI went out, got sent a obvious reman 622 on 1/27. HDMI out of the box flickered, and now it has started rebooting. 4 times last night in 1 hour, just did it to me twice in a row tonight. Nothing like watching recorded progs in chunks...

I'm calling the morons tomorrow.

622 rebooting

I;m glad I;m not the only one having issues with this receiver. I signed up for Dish HD about 4 months ago, and my 622 was working great until the 3rd quarter of the Super Bowl, and it started this rebooting issue. Did that for a couple of days, called Dish and they said I needed to remove it being plugged into the surge protector and directly into a wall outlet. That didn't solve the problem.

Sent a replacement receiver out a couple of days ago, and it worked fine for 2 days until today. I turned on the TV this morning to a message that the temperature was too high on the unit (should be no reason for this, receiver is on an open shelf with plenty of air circulation), so I unplugged it for a few minutes. Since that time, it has been constantly rebooting, sometimes it won;t even get past acquiring signal before it shuts off again.

Dish's answer is to send another receiver...oh boy ! I was starting to wonder if my outlet had electrical problems, but see it is happening to a lot of other people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)