New HD on DishNetwork? "Soon" might be right around the corner...

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
First and foremost... this is the Pub. So please, this stays here! :up

After the Superbowl I was doing some digging around the various transponders looking for changes. I found some very exciting changes. Where some transponders were empty before I now see they are quietly testing the unmapped transponders/encoders with 7 streams of HD.

A couple of them are in the clear and some of the channels are channels I've never seen before on DishNetwork... one DirecTV doesn't even have.

Hopefully we will find out if these are truly just tests or not on Wednesday.

After the Superbowl I was doing some digging around the various transponders looking for changes. I found some very exciting changes. Where some transponders were empty before I now see they are quietly testing the unmapped transponders/encoders with 7 streams of HD.

A couple of them are in the clear and some of the channels are channels I've never seen before on DishNetwork... one DirecTV doesn't even have.

What a tease!

I have noticed on my guide that my Fox South and HD Alternate channels are off the air for the next week for around 4 or 5 hours. Usually it shows the channel logo. Don't know if this is related or not.

Well, with Daytona this month and Dish Network's sponsorship last year, I am hoping that Speed TV is one of the few that get picked up. Its about the last remaining SD channel that I watch frequently.

Last edited:

I remember around 2 months ago someone spotted several hd channels that were "inadvertently" put on the Dish website. Then they were taken off in a matter of hours. Smithsonian, Mojo, MGM and several others were named back then. Makes you want to go hummmmm.:)

I remember around 2 months ago someone spotted several hd channels that were "inadvertently" put on the Dish website. Then they were taken off in a matter of hours. Smithsonian, Mojo, MGM and several others were named back then. Makes you want to go hummmmm.:)

a person was looking for the yule log in HD and found it was airing on dish network on mojo, then looking through their listings I saw smithsonian and MGM...which was a "mistake" they were up there :) maybe it was a mistake the timing, but I think Dish still has several suprises up their sleeve!

As great as this sounds, the past has made me jaded. I won't get my hopes up or excited until something actually shows up in my guide and on my TV. All the jokes about wednesday in what year? will start up and more gritching and moaning people saying they're jumping ship... all the same ol same ol...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts