New HD on DishNetwork? "Soon" might be right around the corner...

I moan I was set to come back for the 29.95 a month HD only pkg but I am not paying that 7 dollars HD fee, what exactly is that for, to penalize me cause I dont pay for a bigger pkg?

Ummmmm. Wrong thread. This is the "happy things COULD be happening with hd thread.:)

would make sense for them to turn on everything that does not have a sd equivalent first ... this would probably see me doing a 180 on my recent downgrade to the HD essentials package

;)

(See i can even moan about good news)

Just got this from the head marketing guy at the World Fishing Network.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the e-mail and hope you are well.

WFN: World Fishing Network is currently available on Verizon FiOS TV having launched in November. (I’ve attached the release on this for you – please let me know if you need more info)

While launch dates on other distributors cannot be confirmed, I can tell you that we are currently in discussion with multiple operators and look forward to making WFN’s great programming available to the millions of fishing enthusiasts in the US.

On another note, I look forward to hopefully connecting with you over the phone to introduce myself and tell you a little more about WFN. (Website is located at Fishing & Fly Fishing: Videos, Pictures, Fishing Tips & More – World Fishing Network).

All the best,

Chris

I will have to say that I will be disillusioned if all of the new HD channels are crap channels.

Its bad enough that Dish added TBS-HD (farse HD) last fall. I would have rathered that they did nothing. Now with hope of another TP with a potential of 7x HD channels coming on line I can't wait. But wait.....

There are plenty of quality HD channels out there now to add. This isn't 2004 were the picking was scarce and channels like Mojo would be welcomed because ... well because there really wasn't much else out there to have, so any HD was desireable HD.

But its 2008 and with D*'s launch there are now many mainstream HD channels out there to get. Sure not all are 24/7 HD, but they are welcomed. We could have Speed, Weather Channel, CNN, Spike, F/X, SciFi, USA, etc.... Plenty of good ripe HD channels.

But what are hearing??? Mojo? MGMHD? OutHouse2? Cmon! @#&#%@!!!!

Mojo is DOA, that channel has lost all relevance and is likely a freebie just trying to get on more line ups so it can be sold at a later date to become a new channel. MGM-HD sounds cool, but like HDNet Movies & Universal, it likely just becomes another member of the "I should be part of Voom" fanclub. Outdoor2 I'm sure is a good channel with quality production, but its a niche and in comparision to what is available, it should sit this dance out until the next harvest.

It all comes down to preference. I would like to have Scifi, USA and MGM. I have no desire for Mojo, speed, cnn, or spike. I agree about TBS -- a waste of time.

I got to agree, Mojo is a filler channel, much as the same way I view most of the Voom Channels.

I also too will be disapointed if we get a Fishing channel over other mainstream content. MGM HD is ok, but nothing special.

I got to agree, Mojo is a filler channel, much as the same way I view most of the Voom Channels.

I also too will be disapointed if we get a Fishing channel over other mainstream content. MGM HD is ok, but nothing special.

IMHO if we get these channels it will be because they are cheaper for Charlie to add. Not because they are what the customers are clammoring for.:eek:

If Dish gets the WFN (World Fishing Network) I am sure the ladies will be upset and would want the WQN (World Quilting Network) soon. OK I couldnt resist. :)

Digi....thanks for the heads up.

PS.......i do miss Mojo.

I had the channel on Mediacom when it was still INHD. I can't think of anything I miss not having it.

everyone should just be happy that they are potentially adding some HD, which is what everyone wants, and not everyone will be happy with every addition, but at least they don't seem to be rolling over and dying.

After all this wait if they fill the stream up with trash when they have such limited space, I will NOT be impressed at all! I expect to see USA, SCI-FI, SPIKE, SPEED etc. filler or not, I wont mind Mojo, but honestly, this situation with dish is getting tired. Why are they so frigging cheap with the programmers. Our bills are *HUGE* nowadays... why can't they spend a penny or two on us ol' customers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts