New HD on DishNetwork? "Soon" might be right around the corner...

Just thought I would drop a line and get my money's worth on this pub subscription I paid for.

Seems like a lot of good information.

Now I just have to hide the CC bill so the wife doesnt know I paid 20 bucks to a satellite forum :p

IMHO if we get these channels it will be because they are cheaper for Charlie to add. Not because they are what the customers are clammoring for.:eek:

And they can add them to their inflated channel count for marketing purposes.
Those new subs won't know what hit them until they sign up!

I wonder what kind of content that fishing channel has. You would think that if they were going to add a Fishing channel it would be Outdoor Channel 2 HD. Oh well, some fishing is better tahn no fishing!

I would speculate eastern arc would be 61.5, 77, 86 since they are in the "other" company. They could be all MPEG-4 with spots on 61.5.

IMHO if we get these channels it will be because they are cheaper for Charlie to add. Not because they are what the customers are clammoring for.:eek:
Just like baseball: hitting fouls to run up the pitch count. Except in this case is would be adding fouls to run up the channel count. :D

Seriously, though, like everyone else I have a short list of HD channels I would like to see in the near future. As long as we are moving in the right direction I won't begrudge someone else getting a channel lit up that I don't value as highly.

Ok here is another tease of what I am working on... (two seperate things)

I will give you the names of each project I am working on...

"Stargate"
"Eastern Arc"

BTW if you have any info on the above projects and think you can help me learn more about them please email me at tips@satelliteguys.us all tips are kept anonymous. :)
My guesses:
"Stargate" = SciFi HD
"Eastern Arc" = NESN HD

I won't begrudge someone else getting a channel lit up that I don't value as highly.
Now if we could just get some traction on the DVR upgrade for the ViP211 I would activate my 211 again instead of letting it collect dust on my dresser.

Last edited:

4th TV (3rd receiver) question

Replacement 622 keeps rebooting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)