New HD on DishNetwork? "Soon" might be right around the corner...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The big thing this week will be moving the HD RSN's in the guide from the 300 channel range. (No... unfortunately no additional HD RSNs in todays change and yes I am waiting for NESN HD just like everyone else) :)

I for one am waiting on FSN Bay Area HD, not NESN HD. :hungry: But I feel your pain anyway.

Uplink does not come out for a few about 15 or 20 minutes. :)

Again I can tell you no new HD today.

The big thing this week will be moving the HD RSN's in the guide from the 300 channel range. (No... unfortunately no additional HD RSNs in todays change and yes I am waiting for NESN HD just like everyone else) :)
Looks like Scott is right. I see the RSN moves and no new HD channels....

I am with dish for the long haul. i have no doubt that we will have our favorite channels in HD "soon". I have heard enough here, to hang with them.
but i do wish that "soon" would get here sooner, and that dish would not have to be so tight lipped about their plans.

and thanks Scott, this is a great site!!

It would be nice to go to a single spot of an RSN instead of thinking of two. SNY is always SD on Ch xxx, except when there is an HD event.

I know i know.. it is really difficult to remember the channel location of the single HD RSN I receive. The one channel covers 1 of the metro area's 9 teams. The other 8, no HD... 2 not carried, period.

Same situation with my Ohio channels. One of the channels is moving to 431. When I highlight 431 in my guide and hit select, I get the logo. When I type in 431, I get the SD channel. Is that normal?
That's the main reason I turned off the mapdown feature in my 211 boxes.

Same situation with my Ohio channels. One of the channels is moving to 431. When I highlight 431 in my guide and hit select, I get the logo. When I type in 431, I get the SD channel. Is that normal?

Looking forward to all of the Indian's games in HD this season on STO.

Keeping churn down is the appropriate action for a CEO, and is entirely legitimate and respectable.

Nothing is legitimate & respectable unless every reasonable effort has been made to be honest and forthcoming based on the information you have at the time.

kstuart said:
No one has lied.....
failure to provide all the information in hopes of creating a less than true impression is the same thing.[/quote]

kstuart said:
...., and Charlie has said on numerous occasions (almost exact quote): " If you need that channel, then you should subscribe to DirecTV. "
"numerous occasions"? - I don't think so.

kstuart said:
But, I can tell you that it is certain that they don't have the capacity right now and they've been unsuccessful in certain negotiations.

ok, so like I said, why can't Dish just say that?

kstuart said:
Neither of those means that there will be no HD channels, just that it will be less than they would like.

Well I'm sure "none" is less than anyone would like.

kstuart said:
In fact, it seems likely to me that - 24 hours from now - the discussion will shift to "Why the new HD channels suck"... ;)

Possibly (and that could be a legitimate complaint) but I didn't say I was advocating them diluting whatever available bandwidth they have. My pet peeve about Dish is their "used car salesman" approach to marketing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts