New HD on DishNetwork? "Soon" might be right around the corner...

i agree fully walt,did you know that it takes 42 muscles to put a frown on your face and only 4 muscles to extend your arm and bi@%# slap the Mo%^$# fu&^%#...

what a steaming pile.....:eek:

seriously ...it is really disappointing to not have more HD. Contract is up soon Dish, get it together and us some damn HD. If you can't try tell us why. Not telling us anything pisses me off more than telling me it will be a couple months etc.....

Does anyone remember the old Saturday Night Live weekend update when, in reference to a Kenny G. Christmas album, Norm MacDonald said "Happy birthday Jesus, I hope you like crap"? That is the best way I can explain how I will feel if E* makes these 5 uplinked channels available without giving us Sci-Fi, USA, or FX.

Hey, i know we all like diff stuff, but to me,3 of the 5 channels - MGM, Smithsonian, and Tennis Channel are WAY more important than SciFi, USA, or FX. I'll watch SciFi for the last season of BSG, but that's pretty much it, USA, and FX I never, ever watch.

That being said, i hope we get the SciFI, USA, and FX pretty damn quick too.

I guess you didn't see the ads for the Tech Chat that Dish was running. In addition I was contacted by two inside contacts who said HD would be the topic for the night. No speculation on my report, only reporting what I saw on the commercial and what I was told by my contacts.

Since when do we believe Dish Commercials, I see one everyday that they say their the HD Leader!

Yeah, it was a HD tech chat about hardware, not software. :( On the hardware, or should I say software enabled hardware, there was "summer 08" for the EHD VIP 211. That's about all I learned on that chat. Speaking of which, do we know what the fees for such an EHD will be? $40 plus DVR fee?

Plus we're eventually gonna get the EHD better incorporated into the DVR menu with folders, this will be a be great addition if you're currently using an EHD you know what i mean...quite a pain if you have something like 24 episodes of 'The Brotherhood' archived like I do. Also, sure would be great if E* ignored the "The" and "A" in titles for sorting...way too many movies start with "The", and a bitch to find them currently...

Tech chats seldom focus on programming. It was what I thought it would be. Maybe I am ina bad mood but i am tired of all the speculation.

Hey, i know we all like diff stuff, but to me,3 of the 5 channels - MGM, Smithsonian, and Tennis Channel are WAY more important than SciFi, USA, or FX. I'll watch SciFi for the last season of BSG, but that's pretty much it, USA, and FX I never, ever watch.

That being said, i hope we get the SciFI, USA, and FX pretty damn quick too.

About the "I'll watch SciFi for the last season of BSG"....I don't think you will!:mad:

About the "I'll watch SciFi for the last season of BSG"....I don't think you will!:mad:
From eOnline:

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA What We're Hearing: The crown jewel of the Sci Fi Channel should finish out its fourth and final season, but per writer Jane Espenson, it's almost certain that, schedule-wise, the story will be split into two separate miniseasons. The show completed 14 episodes before the strike hit, and at least the first 10 will air beginning Apr. 4. The second batch could premiere in the fall or even sometime in 2009.

From eOnline:

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA What We're Hearing: The crown jewel of the Sci Fi Channel should finish out its fourth and final season, but per writer Jane Espenson, it's almost certain that, schedule-wise, the story will be split into two separate miniseasons. The show completed 14 episodes before the strike hit, and at least the first 10 will air beginning Apr. 4. The second batch could premiere in the fall or even sometime in 2009.

I actually meant as an E* subscriber that I didn't think that he would watch the last season in HD...:p

I'd have a whole lot more respect for Charlie if he came out and said they just don't have the capacity right now or they've been unsuccessful in certain negotiations or whatever but don't try to buy time with Bullsh!t hype that's only intended to deflect and keep churn down.

Keeping churn down is the appropriate action for a CEO, and is entirely legitimate and respectable. No one has lied, and Charlie has said on numerous occasions (almost exact quote): " If you need that channel, then you should subscribe to DirecTV. "

But, I can tell you that it is certain that they don't have the capacity right now and they've been unsuccessful in certain negotiations.

Neither of those means that there will be no HD channels, just that it will be less than they would like.

In fact, it seems likely to me that - 24 hours from now - the discussion will shift to "Why the new HD channels suck"... ;)

What about if the thing we're upset about is that nothing IS happening (at least nothing that's resulting in me having more channels to watch). To quote Bulldog from Frasier, "This sucks, this is total BS!!!" :)

But, I can tell you that it is certain that they don't have the capacity right now and they've been unsuccessful in certain negotiations.

Except that they did clear space for certain channels and certain channels have been seen unencrypted on Dish's satellites.

So if Dish is holding back on adding channels that they could add today just because they want to make some big announcement later or something, they need to get a clue.

Uplink does not come out for a few about 15 or 20 minutes. :)

Again I can tell you no new HD today.

The big thing this week will be moving the HD RSN's in the guide from the 300 channel range. (No... unfortunately no additional HD RSNs in todays change and yes I am waiting for NESN HD just like everyone else) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)