Replacement 622 stuck downloading software...

soledade

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Mar 2, 2004
San Diego
My replacement 622 arrived today. I swap it out, run a check switch confirm I can see all three satellites and proceed to the the SW download screen.

It has been stuck on the software download screen with "Status: Acquiring Satellite" for 25 minutes. The green bar has not even shown up yet.

Does anyone have any advice? Should I unplug and try again?

Thanks!

pull the power cord and wait 10 seconds then put it back in and redo the software download, if that does not do it then try taking a credit card and putting it into the empty smart card slot behind the front door to trigger another reboot process, if that doesnt work you can also make sure that you have it set to 119 transponder 11 or 17 when you exit out of the meter screen, if that doesnt work call dish and get ahold of advanced tech.

generally, newer receivers don't like to do smart card resets, do a front panel reset instead (hold power for 10 seconds). If that doesn't work, unplug all receivers in your house for 2 minutes, that resets the lnbf on the dish if you don't have a power switch, if you have a powered switch, unplug the electrical part of it, wait 2 minutes, plug back in.

If you have a DPP separator, there have been some issues with initial soft downloads with those, Haven't really seen it on the 622 yet though. Try taking it to another room with the separator, and hook it up. May work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts