Problem With TV Sound After Installation Of Super Dish

Jillian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Georgia USA
Hello , I am new here and this is my first post after posting hello in the Welcome section.

I have had Dish 500 for over three years with no problems whatsoever. A week ago , I had Super Dish installed and since that installion , the sound on my TV is not clear. I have had repair techs down twice to check everything out and no one has been able to find the problem. They have repaced the receiver and the cables and also put another switch where it is grounded. Nothing has worked. Problem not solved. Until the installation of the Super Dish , the sound was fine. Does anyone have any clue as to what could be wrong ? The sound is so awful that I cannot stand to listen and keep the volume turned down . They are coming back Monday.

If anyone has any idea of what this problem might be , I would really appreciate your comments . Sorry for the long post.

The Techs should have already tried this but if not. If you are hooked from the receiver via reg coax like channel 3 or 4 try changing channels. Also try using the A/V jacks(if your set has them). Also if the house was prewired and there is a jack in the wall, take it out and check the connection on the other side. Some electricians are bad not to put the ends on properly at the time the house is built. If the wires got moved around, it could have caused a bad connection in the wall and you could be getting bleed over from a local TV station on 3 or 4.
I am assuming the tech that upgraded you did things right if not the second tech should have caught it, if they half/ assed the connections.

If all else fails try a different TV set in that location the TV could have decided to die at the same time of the upgrade and made it appear to be the Super Dish install.

And welcome to SatelliteGuys:welcome

Super Dish Problem

Your not the only one having a problem with the Super Dish upgrade. I also had a Dish 500, for years, with no problems. However, from the minute they installed my Super Dish, in September of 2004, up to now, I have had nothing but trouble. I keep losing the signal. I keep getting the screen 'Searching for signal'. It can happen up to 50 times in a day, and lasts from 2 seconds, to 2 minutes on average. I've had 3 Dish supervisors, and 7 field techs out. I've had the entire system, from the dish, down to, and including the recievers replaced 3x. The problem still continues. I have very strong signal strength on all 3 satellites. I haven't any obstructions to the southwestern sky. I have a neighbor with a Super Dish who has no problems. No one has the answer, and it has become very frustrating. If anyone else has this problem, or can help in resolving mine, please let me know..................Thank you, R. Braxxon

Braxxon whats the signal strengths on all three sats? Also can you confirm that all parts have been replaced? I mean not only the receivers and switch but the lnbfs, the ground block(s), the coax all the way from the dish to the receiver(s), the dish itsself? Has the mount location been inspected for stability also?

Jillian said:
Hello , I am new here and this is my first post after posting hello in the Welcome section.

I have had Dish 500 for over three years with no problems whatsoever. A week ago , I had Super Dish installed and since that installion , the sound on my TV is not clear. I have had repair techs down twice to check everything out and no one has been able to find the problem. They have repaced the receiver and the cables and also put another switch where it is grounded. Nothing has worked. Problem not solved. Until the installation of the Super Dish , the sound was fine. Does anyone have any clue as to what could be wrong ? The sound is so awful that I cannot stand to listen and keep the volume turned down . They are coming back Monday.

If anyone has any idea of what this problem might be , I would really appreciate your comments . Sorry for the long post.

The second poster to this thread suggested a couple of things to try, I am going to suggest trying another. Take an extension cord and power strip and plug in the tv and the sat receiver to the strip and the extension cord and then plug the other end into a diferent outlette in a diferent part of the house. There isnt anything that the dish itsself would do to cause this so much as it is more than likely an electrical source issue or a failing tv issue. I've had a few tv's take a dive on me after an upgrade and I did nothing more than turn one on with the remote and it poofed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)