Replacement hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrhut11

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2012
Springfield, MO
I have a 2 hopper 1 Joey system. I have received a replacement hopper that will be a replacement for the hopper that has the Joey paired to it. I am not sure the procedure to follow. I remember when I first got my system I read that you should not have any wires connected to the Joey until the hopper has been completely installed. Is this true when you are exchanging an existing hopper for a replacement one? I am not going to be able to attempt this until tomorrow afternoon but would like to keep surprises to a minimum. Anybody out there replaced a hopper on an existing system yet?
Any information you might give me would be appreciated.

I have a 2 hopper 1 Joey system. I have received a replacement hopper that will be a replacement for the hopper that has the Joey paired to it. I am not sure the procedure to follow. I remember when I first got my system I read that you should not have any wires connected to the Joey until the hopper has been completely installed. Is this true when you are exchanging an existing hopper for a replacement one? I am not going to be able to attempt this until tomorrow afternoon but would like to keep surprises to a minimum. Anybody out there replaced a hopper on an existing system yet?
Any information you might give me would be appreciated.
You should re-post in Hopper Zone...
http://www.satelliteguys.us/forums/258-The-Hopper-Zone

Just unplug the Joey from the AC power. Then, hook up the hopper and follow the instructions on the screen to set everything up. Once its activated, turn the Joey back on. You will probably need to go to settings, network, whole home, and pair it with the new Hopper.

Just replaced mine a month ago. Just take the new hopper plug in all the wires and let it do its thing. Just follow the screen directions. I did not turn off my joey and it worked fine after pairing it to the new hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)