Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Hey guys,
I had a malfunction and had to replace my Epic, I paid $ 20 for the Dishpointer app.
Now when I go to re download it, it still takes me to the BUY page ... do I need to BUY this APP again ?

If so, I won't be doing this again ....

You should not need to download the app again. As long as your phone was setup with the same google account it should show up on a page that will not require the purchase of it again. I do not remember where it is located but it is or was possible when I had my android phone.

You shouldnt have to. Every purchased app I have had lets me redownload it whenever I have changed phones.

Is this app in the market or somewhere else? Might want to email the developer, they should be able to fix it for you.

Also, do you happen to have a backup via Titanium or something similar ? If so, simply restore it that way.

Thanks guys, I just need to find the correct spot in my Google account from what you guys are saying !!!

Thanks,
Jimbo

Time to head to work, will play with later.

Last edited:
Well, I stopped by the Sprint store for a bit today, hoping this was a quick fix.
45 minutes later they still could not come up with an answer to why I cannot get my paid APP back on my phone.

In the market app, all of your purchased apps should be listed under something like my apps or my downloads. Unfortunately I noticed that not all previously installed free apps will be listed.

Sent from my DROIDX

The purchases are tied to your Google account. Are you using the same Google login with new phone? If so, email the developer as already suggested. You won't find anything "in" your account, sadly, not even an emailed receipt.

Do you have the serial # ? If so, go here, Android app released | DishPointer.com, and download the app. Run it and go into the settings and input your information.

And to repeat what's been stated about the Market and your Google information, my wife and I have the same phone model. I foolishly installed Android 2.1 from a "leak" that in turn did an update that didn't allow root (since worked around). So, I swapped phones with my wife (with VZW's help too). Re-setup everything, went to the Market, and apps I'd paid for were there waiting for me.

The purchases are tied to your Google account. Are you using the same Google login with new phone? If so, email the developer as already suggested. You won't find anything "in" your account, sadly, not even an emailed receipt.

Yes, same Google account.
I emailed the developer and he reauthorized me, so I am all set again, just shouldn't have been this difficult.

Do you have the serial # ? If so, go here, Android app released | DishPointer.com, and download the app. Run it and go into the settings and input your information.

And to repeat what's been stated about the Market and your Google information, my wife and I have the same phone model. I foolishly installed Android 2.1 from a "leak" that in turn did an update that didn't allow root (since worked around). So, I swapped phones with my wife (with VZW's help too). Re-setup everything, went to the Market, and apps I'd paid for were there waiting for me.

This is where I went to get it corrected, I used the bar code scanner and d/l that way and went from there.

Thanks for all the help guys !!!

If I have a chance today I'll have a few minutes to play with it and make sure it is working the way it should, don't see any reason why it wouldn't, but you never know.

I would say that when you first setup your phone you didn't let the apps download and install all the way. I know I have done that. It takes mine a long time to redownload when I first log back in after doing a factory reset or install a new ROM.

It takes mine a long time to redownload when I first log back in after doing a factory reset or install a new ROM.
Use WiFi ... I've noticed a dramatic improvement this way vs using the carrier's data service. Without WiFi, the phone is almost unusable because it's so sluggish during that time when it's re-downloading Market apps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)