Replacement Receiver 625, needs configuration for "Tricky" installation...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rex_Domini

Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Oregon
Hello everyone! I'm in need of some help with a replacement receiver. Last week I got the replacement from Dish, and had the old one shipped out. (Replaced for a broken hard drive) After installing the new receiver, I expected slight tuning or nothing at all. Getting no signal after failed attempts at trying to connect, I called Dish.

My home's installation was noted as "tricky" by the installer, and required me to call them first for any type of service call. So, Dish points me in the direction of the local installer, and I call them. I was told that the soonest a service call could be arranged is next week. That gives me a chance to find other means of resolving this issue. With your help, of course.

I only have one idea as to why my installation would be called "tricky," and that is because of the satellite inputs. In one room, there is a receiver that supports one TV, and uses one input. In the second room, this 625 receiver can support two TVs (However, I only use one) but the input for both of the TVs is the same. They are just split by a simple splitter. The installation was setup for the 625 receiver to use two TVs, so the TV2 output was routed back into the same coaxle satellite input that was also routed to another room. That means two splitters. The first combining TV2 output and satellite input, and the second splitting the satellite input.

I would be happy to take a picture or make a diagram, or something... I just need to find out how to set my new receiver to work with this installation like the old one did. If someone could help, that would be fantastic! Thanks much!

-Rex

I think what you are calling splitters maybe diplexers, a completely different animal. Try reading the face of the "splitter".

HIFI1260: I did run the check switch, and testing was not working properly from what a Dish Representative told me. That would be one thing I forgot to mention. This what I have on the "Check Switch" screen:
(Will show this once I am allowed to show it :shh)

boba: The first "splitter" may be what you are referring to, however, I am not sure. It does not say what it is, but it still tells what goes where. On the top center, is the "IN/OUT". On the bottom left, is the "VHF/UHF" (TV2 Out). Finally, the bottom right is "SAT". There is also a line on the label connecting "IN/OUT" and "SAT" with the lettering "DC PASS" in between. I would take a picture, but my camera cannot focus on such small letters.

The second "splitter" is labeled as a "Separator", with "INPUT" at the top, and "SAT" 1 and 2 on the bottom.

Thanks for your help guys! I'll get back soon after the next replies!

The first diplexer the in/out should go to the seperator and the sat side should come from the dish on the seperator the sat 1 should go to tje sat 1 input on the back of the reciever and the sat 2 should go to the sat 2 input on the reciever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)