What does a dish quality problem look like?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glowrdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Hey again. I have a slightly odd question for you all. I recently had a 722k swapped out due to some odd issues I previously posted. For this post though, I will concentrate on HDMI.

My previous box must have been putting out too high of a signal via HDMI and my TV kept turning off. Without going into all of the troubleshooting done, I am confident in saying it was a direct HDMI issue.

Well, tonight I notice that I have fairly frequent white horizontal lines flashing on the screen in random places, at random times. It is definately frequent - I'd say I can see 20-30 lines in a 10-15 second period.

The lines appear to be appearing more frequent in high color scenes, and they do not affect the guide or menus of the screen. (Although, if I have the guide up, I can see the lines appearing in the preview picture, and they bleed out to the right of the preview onto the guide itself)

Also some colors (mainly bright blues) seem to "shimmer" when they should not. A saw a brick wall a few moment ago "shimmer" like the wall was made out of sequins. Again - this shimmer effect seems to favor bright colors, and will only appear in the color itself, not as a full screen "fuzziness"

I am in MN and we are having some rain/snow storms here. Is this what rain fade is? I guess I don't really know what to look for when it storms out besides losing my picture all together. Or... is the another HDMI related issue? I have not yet tried switching to component connections, but this fixed my problems with the last box (although I can watch DVD's and 360 via HDMI no problem with either box)

Thanks for the help, and I try to contribute as much as I can when I can :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)