replacement receiver

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Grumble.... after more than 3 years of having no problems, my 622 went out yesterday with a major hard drive meltdown. I can no longer access any DVR recordings (says "data not available"), can't record anything, can't pause live TV and my receiver acts just like a non-DVR receiver with 2 days of guide data. Error 311 comes up every time I boot it along with a reference code of 0521.

So I called tech support yesterday and they said they would ship a replacement receiver overnight without charge.

Of course, today I find I was charged $24.95 for shipping and then find out the receiver wasn't even shipped yesterday.

So, I just got off an online chat session where I was told the $24.95 charge would be "adjusted" and that the receiver might actually get shipped via FedEx today, so I may have it on Thursday.

Hopefully I'll get it soon. In the meantime, thank god for Hulu so I could actually watch last week's Office, Lost, etc. that were recorded on the PVR. ;)

Now it seems the only show I need to worry about it Make Me a Supermodel, but then again Bravo seems to show repeats of that show every 2 hours anyways.

PS -- it always amazes me how much more helpful the online chat crew is compared to the guys in India that pick up the phone. It just seems that the online chat staff have a LOT more Dish Network knowledge every time I contact them.

Robert

Grumble.... after more than 3 years of having no problems, my 622 went out yesterday with a major hard drive meltdown. I can no longer access any DVR recordings (says "data not available"), can't record anything, can't pause live TV and my receiver acts just like a non-DVR receiver with 2 days of guide data. Error 311 comes up every time I boot it along with a reference code of 0521.

So I called tech support yesterday and they said they would ship a replacement receiver overnight without charge.

Of course, today I find I was charged $24.95 for shipping and then find out the receiver wasn't even shipped yesterday.

So, I just got off an online chat session where I was told the $24.95 charge would be "adjusted" and that the receiver might actually get shipped via FedEx today, so I may have it on Thursday.

Hopefully I'll get it soon. In the meantime, thank god for Hulu so I could actually watch last week's Office, Lost, etc. that were recorded on the PVR. ;)

Now it seems the only show I need to worry about it Make Me a Supermodel, but then again Bravo seems to show repeats of that show every 2 hours anyways.

PS -- it always amazes me how much more helpful the online chat crew is compared to the guys in India that pick up the phone. It just seems that the online chat staff have a LOT more Dish Network knowledge every time I contact them.

Robert

Have had the same thought. Somewhat amazed they decided to send the replacement box so quickly, I usually have to have a tech come out and verify that I am telling the truth about the problem. Likely you will get a 722 (not 'k') as the replacement.

Cheers:)

Have had the same thought. Somewhat amazed they decided to send the replacement box so quickly, I usually have to have a tech come out and verify that I am telling the truth about the problem. Likely you will get a 722 (not 'k') as the replacement.

Cheers:)

I had this happen to me last week. They sent me a 622 not a 722. I'll be interested in seeing what you got, skierrob.

I was charged $14.95 for shipping and handling. Now I'm looking at my account and it looks like it is $24.95 more than normal. But yet the "activity since last statement" appears to only show the $14.95. Looks like I might have to do an online chat as well.

Wow, Make Me A Supermodel is the last thing you should worry about lol
clear.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)