Replacing 311 with 211k - $95 install fee?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rharkins

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Kansas City, MO USA
We're buying a new HD TV to replace an older SD tube. There is currently a 311 SD receiver hooked to it. We have an HD dish and programming for our 722 upstairs.

Called Dish, and they want $50 for the receiver, 24 month commitment, and a $95 installation fee! When I questioned the install, they said they couldn't sell the receiver without installation.

Any reason why I wouldn't just buy a 211k from the DishStore for $119, and plug the two wires in myself?

yes, if you already have hd programming the just get the box on your own, install it and call and turn the 211 on and the 311 off, yes the fee's are BS

I was under the impression that if you Dish It Up there was no install fee, it was part of the Dish It Up and 24 month commitment extension.

It's not an istallation fee. There is an upgrade fee and a technician visit fee. The price depends on if you have the service plan or not. $95 without the plan and $15 with the service plan. If you do not wish to pay the technician visit fee you may consider calling an authorized dealer and see what they can do for you. We as retailers do not have to charge you a technician visit fee, but most probably will because it's extra income.

Just buy the box on your own and hook it up. It also only needs a single line from the LNB to the box not a dual line. Since the line is already run to the 311 as long as its RG6 it will work just fine and you shouldn't have to do anything but turn it on, authorize it with Dish, download software,program guide and boom your up and running!

I would think that the $95 would be to upgrade the dish, if you are only looking at 119 and 110, you would not get many HD channels at all. You would need either 129 added to your current setup or a 1000.4 dish installed for the EA (61.5, 72, 77) sats.

I would think that the $95 would be to upgrade the dish, if you are only looking at 119 and 110, you would not get many HD channels at all. You would need either 129 added to your current setup or a 1000.4 dish installed for the EA (61.5, 72, 77) sats.

We have an HD dish and programming for our 722 upstairs.

He already has HD programming.

I don't think I would buy it. Once you own it you still have to pay the extra receiver fee and if something craps out in it you will have to buy a new one again.

I don't think I would buy it. Once you own it you still have to pay the extra receiver fee and if something craps out in it you will have to buy a new one again.
I believe if you are on DHPP they will replace it, but then you're on lease.

Well today was a case for us where a customer of ours had a 211 that they bought outright from us and it crapped out on them after 3 years. They are buying another 211 to replace it.

He already has the dish

He said in the OP that he has a 722 so he doesn't really need an install since he has a dish that picks up 3 sats already. He should sign up for DHPP then get the receiver put in for 15 then drop DHPP for 25 total for the 211 will be 15 + 25+ 6(1month of DHPP) = 46. Heck he might even be able to get that much $$ off ebay when he sells the 311.

He said in the OP that he has a 722 so he doesn't really need an install since he has a dish that picks up 3 sats already. He should sign up for DHPP then get the receiver put in for 15 then drop DHPP for 25 total for the 211 will be 15 + 25+ 6(1month of DHPP) = 46. Heck he might even be able to get that much $$ off ebay when he sells the 311.

$96. They want $50 for the 211 receiver. Might as well purchase one and own it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts