Replacing reciever and DPP twin lnb pro plus

Djohnson521

Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Minnesota
We are replacing an old dishnet receiver at our lake home with a refurbished 625 duo dvr reciever. I am not sure what the old receiver is, the satellite is a 500. I have read enough on this forum that I needed to purchase the LBN pro plus to get what I needed done but from there I am lost. When I built the lake home I ran cable to every room. I brought the cable from the dish to a splitter, and from there it goes to each room. Since this will be my residents for the next month or so I thought it would be nice to put a tv in the loft where I sleep thus the reason for buying this receiver.

From my understanding I can use a separator from the dish to the cable leading into the splitter feeding the rooms? Radioshack sells a Satellite 2-way splitter would this be the same thing?

And the other confusing thing to me is what is a switch and where is it located. I have always assumed the splitter looking thing on the 500 was the switch and from what I read here is the new LBN has the switch built in?

I know when I had dishnet at home there were added things coming off of the receiver that also looked like splitters. not quite sure what those were called or what their purpose was:confused:

Don