Replacing reciever and DPP twin lnb pro plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Djohnson521

Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Minnesota
We are replacing an old dishnet receiver at our lake home with a refurbished 625 duo dvr reciever. I am not sure what the old receiver is, the satellite is a 500. I have read enough on this forum that I needed to purchase the LBN pro plus to get what I needed done but from there I am lost. When I built the lake home I ran cable to every room. I brought the cable from the dish to a splitter, and from there it goes to each room. Since this will be my residents for the next month or so I thought it would be nice to put a tv in the loft where I sleep thus the reason for buying this receiver.

From my understanding I can use a separator from the dish to the cable leading into the splitter feeding the rooms? Radioshack sells a Satellite 2-way splitter would this be the same thing?

And the other confusing thing to me is what is a switch and where is it located. I have always assumed the splitter looking thing on the 500 was the switch and from what I read here is the new LBN has the switch built in?

I know when I had dishnet at home there were added things coming off of the receiver that also looked like splitters. not quite sure what those were called or what their purpose was:confused:

Don

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts