Replay 5504 and 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jon6569

Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
I've looked at the threads regarding Replay and the 811 and I'm still not able to control channels on the 811 with Replay. I have a Replay 5504 and am using the IR blaster. I'm running RCA cables from the 811 to Replay.

I've moved the IR blaster around quite a bit in case that was the issue.

I'm using code 0775.

The 811 remote address is 1.

Replay has gone and found all the satellite and local channels correctly.

But in the end I don't have control of the 811 through Replay, which is necessary to do anything other than live records. Are there any other options or things I'm missing here? Thanks much for your help - it seems that people have gotten the Replay to work but allude to much trial and error (and I'm out of ideas).

Jon H.

Thanks, Scott. I've tried that and all the other 0775 codes, none gain control of the 811. Anybody have advice on exactly where to put the IR on the Replay and in what position?

Jon

Not much trial & error on my attempt-it was pretty much plug-n-play. Haven't missed a program yet that was Replay's fault-missed two shows in about a year's time due to the 811's infamous "deleting local channels" bug, but have since solved that problem by recording locals via digital OTA only instead of sat.

Edit: Place the IR blaster on the plexiglass on the right side of that circular array of buttons. Also I have a friend who purchased a Replay that was shipped with a faulty IR blaster-also a possibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)