Repointing of Dish in the San Diego area.

victap

Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
SD/TJ Border Region
Does any one know about a dish change or redirecting in San Diego?

I just received a letter from Dishnetwork to let me know that my Dish needs to be repointed and to call to schedule a free visit by a technician. When I called, they could not tell me what had changed. The next appointment is not for two weeks. I have always adjusted the dish my self. I have a Dish 1000+ pointing to 110, 119, and 129. My zip code is 92173.

IF you are getting everything with western arc , then why change? I don't think that eastern arc would ever be used in western states like California. DISH is probably just sending out post cards to blanket everyone, so if they want a dish upgrade they can found out how. There are a lot of mixed arc dish setups that will cause trouble once they move all hd to 72.7 on eastern arc. DISH is trying to make sure that everyone gets either a western arc 1000.2 dish or an eastern arc 1000.4. If you have a western arc dish I would just throw the postcard away. I did mine when I got it in Texas too. I have eastern arc dish setup.

I got the same notice here near San Francisco. I currently have an 61.5 dish along with a dish 1000 which gets 119 110 and 129. Dish Network probably thinks I still getting my channels off the 61.5 dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts