Repointing of Dish in the San Diego area.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

victap

Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
SD/TJ Border Region
Does any one know about a dish change or redirecting in San Diego?

I just received a letter from Dishnetwork to let me know that my Dish needs to be repointed and to call to schedule a free visit by a technician. When I called, they could not tell me what had changed. The next appointment is not for two weeks. I have always adjusted the dish my self. I have a Dish 1000+ pointing to 110, 119, and 129. My zip code is 92173.

IF you are getting everything with western arc , then why change? I don't think that eastern arc would ever be used in western states like California. DISH is probably just sending out post cards to blanket everyone, so if they want a dish upgrade they can found out how. There are a lot of mixed arc dish setups that will cause trouble once they move all hd to 72.7 on eastern arc. DISH is trying to make sure that everyone gets either a western arc 1000.2 dish or an eastern arc 1000.4. If you have a western arc dish I would just throw the postcard away. I did mine when I got it in Texas too. I have eastern arc dish setup.

I got the same notice here near San Francisco. I currently have an 61.5 dish along with a dish 1000 which gets 119 110 and 129. Dish Network probably thinks I still getting my channels off the 61.5 dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts