Report : AT&T To Shut Down Uverse

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just the TV service or the Internet service too???

AT&T has said that was their plan, before even buying Directv and many times since. At the time they sold Uverse to Frontier in CT they made it clear AT&T wanted out of the wireline business and that does include internet at some point. This goes back to a decision many years ago starting in Ct, they weighed the cost of maintenance/cost of hard lines to the overall company business. And I have posted previously with links they started with Ct because Ct wouldn't let them end hardline phone service. They did come to agreements in some other States where they have/had hardwire telephone service to end it, with some provisions. I remember Michigan was one of the States.

Frontier was looking into buying more areas of Uverse, but changed direction and bought FIOS in Florida, California and and I think Texas.

This is from 1 1/2 years ago but many articles long before buying Directv.
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...doesnt-have-to-upgrade-lagging-networks.shtml

AT&T has said that was their plan, before even buying Directv and many times since. At the time they sold Uverse to Frontier in CT they made it clear AT&T wanted out of the wireline business and that does include internet at some point. This goes back to a decision many years ago starting in Ct, they weighed the cost of maintenance/cost of hard lines to the overall company business. And I have posted previously with links they started with Ct because Ct wouldn't let them end hardline phone service. They did come to agreements in some other States where they have/had hardwire telephone service to end it, with some provisions. I remember Michigan was one of the States.

Frontier was looking into buying more areas of Uverse, but changed direction and bought FIOS in Florida, California and and I think Texas.

This is from 1 1/2 years ago but many articles long before buying Directv.
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...doesnt-have-to-upgrade-lagging-networks.shtml
Then explain why att is spending billions on fiber upgrades..att wants out of POTS..the copper side of wireline

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: ncted
Then explain why att is spending billions on fiber upgrades..att wants out of POTS..the copper side of wireline

You are taking my comments out of context. Comments are based on Uverse - a wireline service and not keeping the internet part of it. Fiber is a different service delivery many more options.

Last edited:
You are taking my comments out of context. Comments are based on Uverse - a wireline service and not keeping the internet part of it. Fiber is a different service delivery many more options.
Wireline is fiber or copper..they are getting out of copper..a no brainer..unless of course..you are a union splicer

Reactions: Ilya
That's cool!!..so they are giving up on the 70% of customers with no LOS?

It looks like if they don't have a LOS, they would be moved to DirecTV now. Very interesting...I guess moving the users to the internet based TV solution is a better use of bandwidth than the portion they had allocated to deliver the U-Verse TV.

Fair enough. Why is AT&T advertising the heck out of their non-fiber internet service in my market? Some places can get fiber, and they are expanding fast (and making Google Fiber look glacially slow in the process), but they are marketing their AT&T Internet (formerly Uverse) hard.

Fair enough. Why is AT&T advertising the heck out of their non-fiber internet service in my market? Some places can get fiber, and they are expanding fast (and making Google Fiber look glacially slow in the process), but they are marketing their AT&T Internet (formerly Uverse) hard.

I think two things. If they have no other internet service where they are marketing it that would make sense, as in my second point. So did Fios before they sold to Frontier, and heavily in Florida. I received offer after offer from Fios via mail, much more than normal for quite sometime, then boom.. the report Charter was in negotiations. I think it helps their selling price.

The original article on FierceCable said that ATT was considering shutting down the U-Verse TV WEBSITE by the end of May, not shutting down the U-Verse TV service. The do want to move people off of U-Verse TV to DirecTV to free up bandwidth. By shutting down the website they don't want to attract new customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)