Report: LeBron to STAY in Cleveland past 2010 - FALSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until the ink is to paper I don't believe it. May turn out to be true but for now we shall wait and see.

Maybe he means he's not moving. He may maintain his residence while PLAYING elsewhere. Personally I hope he stays in Cleveland if he's not coming to Detroit.;)

Well...this kills THIS thread!

Sources: LeBron denies Ariza's story

LeBron James did not tell Trevor Ariza he would stay in Cleveland past 2010, according to sources close to the Cavaliers' superstar -- contradicting what a person close to Ariza said Monday night.

That source said that James told Ariza he planned to remain with the Cavaliers past next summer, when he can become a free agent. James could not be reached for comment Monday night, but on Tuesday, sources who spoke to James said the story told by the person close to Ariza was wrong.

James' conversation with Ariza was, according to the Ariza source, part of the Cavaliers' attempt to make Ariza the next Hedo Turkoglu, who backed out of his promise last week to join Portland and instead accepted a deal with Toronto.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4311048"]Sources: LeBron James didn't talk future with Trevor Ariza - ESPN[/ame]

It sounded too good to be true... :(

But seriously, even if he wants to stay in Cleveland, it would be silly for him to anounce it so early, before the contract is signed.

Well...this kills THIS thread!

Sources: LeBron denies Ariza's story

LeBron James did not tell Trevor Ariza he would stay in Cleveland past 2010, according to sources close to the Cavaliers' superstar -- contradicting what a person close to Ariza said Monday night.

That source said that James told Ariza he planned to remain with the Cavaliers past next summer, when he can become a free agent. James could not be reached for comment Monday night, but on Tuesday, sources who spoke to James said the story told by the person close to Ariza was wrong.

James' conversation with Ariza was, according to the Ariza source, part of the Cavaliers' attempt to make Ariza the next Hedo Turkoglu, who backed out of his promise last week to join Portland and instead accepted a deal with Toronto.

Sources: LeBron James didn't talk future with Trevor Ariza - ESPN

Funny how there is no actual quote from the man himself, only this, which I see nothing in quotations. ....

BTW, if his people are denying it, it's because it would ruin every bit of leverage he has as a free agent. Of course he doesn't want anyone to find out about his true intentions to keep pressure on the team.

Either way, this is gonna be a roller-coaster ride of emotions this upcoming season for the Cavs. The LeBron to ?? in 2010 will be the ultimate storyline, more so than the Cavs competing for a Championship, which is unfortunate.

My stomach's already in a knot. The potential for us this season as well as our future comes down to one man. :eek:

Funny how there is no actual quote from the man himself, only this, which I see nothing in quotations. ....

BTW, if his people are denying it, it's because it would ruin every bit of leverage he has as a free agent. Of course he doesn't want anyone to find out about his true intentions to keep pressure on the team.

Either way, this is gonna be a roller-coaster ride of emotions this upcoming season for the Cavs. The LeBron to ?? in 2010 will be the ultimate storyline, more so than the Cavs competing for a Championship, which is unfortunate.

My stomach's already in a knot. The potential for us this season as well as our future comes down to one man. :eek:

Basically to me, my post is no different to your original post....ALL based on "sources close to.......". One of the many problems with media....

More than likely, IF it was true....it was probably stated as "off the record....". I witnessed this MANY TIMES when I worked it in Chicago when the Bulls were winning their championships. This is the media's way of possibly a story out there without naming names.....and out scooping the competition.

...so, ONE is lying and ONE is not...simple really.....the question is, who do you wanna believe....:confused:

Basically to me, my post is no different to your original post....ALL based on "sources close to.......". One of the many problems with media....

More than likely, IF it was true....it was probably stated as "off the record....". I witnessed this MANY TIMES when I worked it in Chicago when the Bulls were winning their championships. This is the media's way of possibly a story out there without naming names.....and out scooping the competition.

...so, ONE is lying and ONE is not...simple really.....the question is, who do you wanna believe....:confused:

You talking to me? LeBron all the way buddy!!! :D

I have watched sports too long and covered it long enough to not trust ANYONE when they say, "WHO ME, leave? I love this place....why would I leave....."

I have watched sports too long and covered it long enough to not trust ANYONE when they say, "WHO ME, leave? I love this place....why would I leave....."

Trust me buddy, I know, more than anybody about this. Thome, Boozer, Manny, etc. My hearts been broken several times. I still try and remain positive about LeBron though. For some reason, I think he's better than that.

biggest problem with free agents not committing is because LBJ is not committing, I think if he would sign an extension, we would have gotten alot more looks from free agents, instead they go where its a little more solid in their eyes.

biggest problem with free agents not committing is because LBJ is not committing, I think if he would sign an extension, we would have gotten alot more looks from free agents, instead they go where its a little more solid in their eyes.

Good point. Now our assistant Coach responsible for our improved offense is heading to Detroit. This day is suddenly getting worse by the minute. :(

Good point. Now our assistant Coach responsible for our improved offense is heading to Detroit. This day is suddenly getting worse by the minute. :(

Well here's a suggestion to get yourself through the year. Just wait and see. Don't come in with new threads and 'Sorry NY' for every rumor you hear. You're going to drive yourself crazy.

I never say Lebron is coming to New York, but even if I just say the Knicks will have cap room for free agents next summer, it drives you bonkers. Don't jump on every Stephon Marbury quote, don't insult New York every chance you get. Just let it play out.

Nothing anybody says on here matters to Lebron even a tiny bit, anyway. :rolleyes:

It's like Ohio State. I used to get annoyed when the great wide receivers kept leaving a year early, but now I expect it. If one stays, I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm much calmer this way...

Sandra

Well here's a suggestion to get yourself through the year. Just wait and see. Don't come in with new threads and 'Sorry NY' for every rumor you hear. You're going to drive yourself crazy.

I never say Lebron is coming to New York, but even if I just say the Knicks will have cap room for free agents next summer, it drives you bonkers. Don't jump on every Stephon Marbury quote, don't insult New York every chance you get. Just let it play out.

Nothing anybody says on here matters to Lebron even a tiny bit, anyway. :rolleyes:

It's like Ohio State. I just to get annoyed when the great wide receivers kept leaving a year early, but now I expect it. If one stays, I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm much calmer this way...

Sandra

I did warn everyone a few months back that I am gonna be on edge Sandra. I'm very defensive towards NY from what I read in the papers. No offense towards you intended, it's just that everyone in the media has already wrote his ticket to NY. I really wish I could have the Indians or Browns to distract me, but that's not gonna happen either. Sigh. God, it's tough being a fan in this town.... :(

I did warn everyone a few months back that I am gonna be on edge Sandra. I'm very defensive towards NY from what I read in the papers. No offense towards you intended, it's just that everyone in the media has already wrote his ticket to NY. I really wish I could have the Indians or Browns to distract me, but that's not gonna happen either. Sigh. God, it's tough being a fan in this town.... :(

Well they're not writing Lebron's ticket to the Knicks in the New York papers. Sure they say it's a possibility, but even that really bothers you. You need a girlfriend or something to take your mind off things. ;) :D

Sandra

I don't think LeBron would fit well with the Nets.

Other than Devin Harris, who is on that team that makes you say, "WOW! I've gotta join them!"

Richard Jefferson, Vince Carter, and Jason Kiss are all gone.

There is no way I'd play on a team with Yi Jianlian and one of the Lopez twins.

No friendship is powerful enough to want to play with such a terrible team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)