Reporting From CEDIA: New Harmony remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Well, we've made it to CEDIA and are reporting to you from the show floor!
The show officially opens tomorrow, but there are several press events today that we are going to attend.

In less than an hour Logitech (Harmony) will be demonstrating their first touch-screen remote H-1000. Here are the first images for you. Enjoy!

Later today we are planning to visit Press conferences by Panasonic and Sony. Stay tuned for further updates!

Attachments

• H1000_BTY.jpg
    H1000_BTY.jpg
    469.6 KB · Views: 727
  • H1000_TOP.jpg
    H1000_TOP.jpg
    680.5 KB · Views: 823
I'll post all the specs later I'm still at press conferences. But here is the most important number: the price...
Ready?

They did it like in a sales presentation: first they posted this number:

$999

Then a moment later they scratched that and displayed:

$799...

But then they said... wait! :D
And they scratched $799 and showed the real price:

$499

it might do alot, but i don't like remotes where you have to use two hands. i love my harmony 676. it does everything i need.

are there any new models from harmony that are the tradional one handed remotes that improve on what they already have?

Availability: end of October.
Comes with a charging station. Can last up to a week on a single charge.
The H-1000 has both IR and RF transmitters, though for RF you will need to buy a $149 RF receptor.

Here's a pic Ilya took of me playing "Fat Vanna White" holding the new Harmony.

As you can see it fits in the palm of your hand.

P1010583.jpg

Not sure I like the looks- for all it's size, you'd think it would have a larger screen. With a touch screen, why would you need all those buttons?

Anyway, is it any different, any more capable than the 880?

Can the buyer program it, perhaps in a similar online way that you can with current remotes, or will it need to be programmed by an expert?

Personally, it's too small for my tastes, I like and use the iPronto from Philips, much larger, plus web surfing capabilites, and integrated interactive guide, lots of cool features, plus fully customizable interface...that is if you are into a little light programming and ahve the time and patience...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts