repost.

It IS a known issue, and for the OP the new receiver and tech visit will not yield any change.

What the issue actually is has yet to be mentioned, so I cannot say how easy or hard the fix is. The original thread for this issue has been monitored by both Matt and myself, and we ask DAILY for updates on what the issue is (if found) and if there is an ETA for the fix. I personally was not aware of the missing channels until the original thread showed up on 2/6, so I apologize I didn't report the issue until then. We have also escalated the links for both threads up the chain.
Tony, this is not an attack on you but you say yourself this IS a known issue. Why in the h*ll do we continue to have csr's in the company that ignore this and setup truck rolls leaving us " the technician" stuck holding the bag with a pissed off customer trying to hold us hostage until they get their programming. again not attacking you. :)

For me, the disappointment is that DISH was aware of the missing channel when I purchased my program.
I was never made aware of the problem UNTIL everything was installed and I agreed to the program and paid my fee.
Technical issues do happen. Some fixes take time.
It was and continues to be irresponsible of DISH to act in this manner.

For me, the disappointment is that DISH was aware of the missing channel when I purchased my program.
I was never made aware of the problem UNTIL everything was installed and I agreed to the program and paid my fee.
Technical issues do happen. Some fixes take time.
It was and continues to be irresponsible of DISH to act in this manner.

if it means that much to you..upgrade!!

Why should he have to upgrade??? Dish should give him what they advertise shouldn't they?

And why should he have to go buy a Roku, why don't YOU buy him one?
he could enjoy aljazeera, CNNI, RT (Russian),BBC NEWS and many other News Channels Free Free Free its a no bariner for a News Junky

Can anyone with DISH America Silver (not Gold) PM me their phone number/account number? Also please confirm that MSNBC is giving the authorization message

Last edited:
Tony, this is not an attack on you but you say yourself this IS a known issue. Why in the h*ll do we continue to have csr's in the company that ignore this and setup truck rolls leaving us " the technician" stuck holding the bag with a pissed off customer trying to hold us hostage until they get their programming. again not attacking you. :)

Oh I certainly understand the point of your comment, and I do not feel attacked in the slightest. I have asked repeatedly (and now have confirmation) that a "win pop" will show up on all computers 3 times a day with that information, highlighting the area about NOT RAing or scheduling Tech Visits. I quoted you (no screen name) with my contact and he is scheduling it as we speak! So thank you for helping the progress along here. To add to the humor I was talking to the guy who can do that for me and I got a win-pop while I was typing this message. Its a step in the right direction, and hopefully CSRs will read it. Information goes enterprise wide on the win-pops. It doesn't appear and then go away. You actually have to manually close it, so I hope that helps.

Since I don't know when Dish became aware of this, rather than going backwards we know they are aware of the situation now.
I would say to move forward. Dish should give all Silver package members one of two things. Something for free for awhile like a premium they would like, or give them the next package that has MSNBC in it. Taking so long, makes me wonder if they never intended for it to be there, and don't have permission for it to be? Or does it only affect some Silver subscribers?

I have extra minutes on my phone from calling Dish. (meaning my phone talking minutes are limited and I went over ). I have just sent back the first receiver.
Some post in hear just kinda made me scratch my head.
I believe I have done all a "good" dish customer can do.
I am not slamming anyone on here.
I only posted what happened and then started to ask questions.

Since I don't know when Dish became aware of this, rather than going backwards we know they are aware of the situation now.
I would say to move forward. Dish should give all Silver package members one of two things. Something for free for awhile like a premium they would like, or give them the next package that has MSNBC in it. Taking so long, makes me wonder if they never intended for it to be there, and don't have permission for it to be? Or does it only affect some Silver subscribers?

Obviously most of their customers did not care so why give away the store?

UPDATE:
4 phone calls from DISH, after I complained to BBB. Now THEY want ME to prove, yes PROVE I did not get MSNBC.
I asked if they had records of my conversations on the phone and online, lady on phone says well could I give that to them? Holy crap...sheeesh.
SHe claims tech told her MSNBC was coming in fine.

What are the calls in regard to, BTW? One would think whatever you are trying to accomplish would be best served via DIRT... Matt or myself, presumably.
***EDIT***
Mind if I ask why there is a need to prove something? I guess I understand what you are trying to prove just not the reasoning behind it.

What are the calls in regard to, BTW? One would think whatever you are trying to accomplish would be best served via DIRT... Matt or myself, presumably.
***EDIT***
Mind if I ask why there is a need to prove something? I guess I understand what you are trying to prove just not the reasoning behind it.
(please read this the way I wrote it..in a calm, but firm way..)
If anything I am trying to "prove" to the Representative from DISH that when I signed up for and started receiving America Silver package, MSNBC was not showing up. Every time I would try to view that channel, I would get a message about not authorized. So, I followed procedure in trying to correct the problem..phone calls...tech advice, replace receiver, tech visit to my place..etc. After the frustration got to me I changed line ups.
If DISH is advertising a package with certain channels, I dont think its wrong to expect to get those channels. I also dont think its wrong to ask for assistance if one of those channels is not showing up. I DO think its wrong to beat around the bush about it. I do think its wrong to claim the channel was, and always has been received by those subscribed to America Silver Package.
Do you think its wrong to pay for something and then NOT get all that you were told you were paying for? Do you think its wrong to try to follow proper channels and etiquette to try to resolve the concern? And do you think its wrong when a rep. of the product you bought tells you everything that was advertised is in the packet even AFTER everything you did to try to correct the situation?
If the channel, MSNBC was not coming in then just dont lie about it. DISH should step up to the plate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts