request and questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ssy080

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Hi again! came with few more questions and a request.
I live in Calgary AB, Canada.
I might buy a pansat 2700a with 33" dish. couldn't find any bigger dishes...

questions
1. Does a dish with a SG2100 motor need a pole? or can I mount it on my deck which faces south?

2. Can I get any weather channels for canada? any sports channels, like espn?

3. So in lyngsat chart, I can't watch digital, encrypted (pink) channels like
KBS TV Korea on galaxy 10R?

4. Satellite system uses coax cable, right? So can I use a flat coax cable for windows?

5. Does Pansat 2700a have like a button that deletes any scrambled channels, like coolsat?

6. What tools needed to set it up (e.g compass)

Request!
Can any one write a review for pansat 2700a ? I still didn't get any replies for my question: What is better, pansat 2700a or coolsat 4000 pro? What are the benifit of it?

Thank you very much for reading this.

1. Yes the motor attaches to a pole or the mast that comes with the dish, so using the mast it may well be able to be installed on a deck, depending on line of sight to the satellites.

2. The Weather channel was FTA a week or so ago, no Canadian weather channel FTA.

3. Right. http://www.dmsiusa.com/charts.htm

http://www.lyngsat.com/g10r.html

4. Best not to use the flat cable, but I use it all the time and one of my feeds coming into the house uses a flat cable with no noticeable signal quality loss.

5. Do not have one. But you can scan for FTA only.

6. Compass is a must, basic hand tools, and a small TV that you can see at the dish will be a great help.

Answers:

1. Does a dish with a SG2100 motor need a pole? or can I mount it on my deck which faces south?

You will need some sort of mount, either a pole in the ground, or a dish mount, which is basically an angled pole on a mounting plate

2. Can I get any weather channels for canada? any sports channels, like espn?

I do not know of any FTA Weather channels, and ESPN is a subscription only. The only true sport channel I can think of is Gol TV, which is a soccer channel on Echo8.6 at 110

3. So in lyngsat chart, I can't watch digital, encrypted (pink) channels like KBS TV Korea on galaxy 10R?

Correct, only yellow channels, that say DVB in the 5th column.. If it says NTSC, Digicipher, or anything else, then your reciever cannot decode them

4. Satellite system uses coax cable, right? So can I use a flat coax cable for windows?

Yes, flat cables for windows work perfectly.

5. Does Pansat 2700a have like a button that deletes any scrambled channels, like coolsat?

If the Pansat 2700 is anything like the 2500, when doing a blind scan, you can select "FTA Only", which usually excludes most encrypted channels during the scan.

6. What tools needed to set it up (e.g compass)

A Compass is a must, I would recomend a cheap signal meter personally, a socket set to tighten everything down (better than an adjustable wrench, but those will work too) and a good afternoon off... oh yes, and patience is a definate must for this hobby ;)

Thank you PSB and Ultatryon! I really appreciate it!
But I have another question.

Would I be able to get all the free tv in
"lyngsat /freetv/United-States "
this page (except for the red ones)?

How come there's some channels that comes from Koreasat 3, which you can't watch?
is it possible? or is it just a misunderstanding.

Is it possible to see digital, encrypted channels with 10' dish legally? (hopefully not hack-talk...)

What is "feeds" exactly? (Fox feeds) (D)

Its not possible to get any encrypted channels without paying for them. The Lyngsat FTA list is a little misleading those are channels are not all available from this country as some of the satellites are on the other side of the world, check the below for a list of the FTA channels you can expect to get with a FTA KU system in this country...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=34538

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Peoples network

Russians

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)