Request for Dish Network representatives to request to keep Dish Headlines Channel for its fans...

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
(This thread is mostly for the Dish Network representatives that go through these pages, but feel free to post if you want.). I know that Dish Network has Dish Headlines Channel temporarily for the current pandemic going on. But I find the channel really handy to see multiple perspectives at once. So I request that you guys keep this channel past the current pandemic. While we’re at it, don’t have it at just four news screens at once, but always have it at the full six news screens at once. Heck, since I hear sometimes you guys have eight sports screens at once, have Dish Headlines Channel do EIGHT NEWS SCREENS at once (just a thought). Anyways, just a suggestion. Have a nice day!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I agree, especially with the expanded number of screens. Since this News mosaic is replacing the College Sports mosaic, which used to regularly show eight channels at once, then having an eight-channel News mosaic is a no-brainer. This would be a good way to feature some of the lesser-known news channels that Dish carries, and put them along-side their more famous counterparts on the same screen. This would also help appease complaints from some of those channel owners about their odd placement in the Dish channel lineup, instead of being grouped with the major news channels. (At one point, Dish was forced to drop Newsmax temporarily, and that had been one of Newsmax's complaints prior to the dispute. When Newsmax returned, it was grouped closer to the other news channels.)

While we are at it, let's keep the Free Previews mosaic going full-time on its own brand-new separate channel, and bring back the old format for the channel 100 mosaic, which would rotate through a selection of popular general entertainment channels throughout the day. More mosaics are always a good thing!

Newsmax was just added in HD today, so now would be a good time to start featuring it in the News mosaic.

And although I don't agree with most of their politics, I think Dish Headlines Channel should add HLN, and Dish should also add CNN International to its lineup and add that to Dish Headlines as well. Wow! I can't believe I'm advocating for CNN stations, but I still think they should add them.

Reactions: pattykay
And although I don't agree with most of their politics, I think Dish Headlines Channel should add HLN...
What, you mean Dish Headlines Channel should actually feature the channel formerly known as Headline News? :biggrin
They might as well feature RT channel 280, which still has segments in the guide listed as "Headline News."

Interestingly, HLN was one major "news" channel that was not featured in free preview along with all of the other major news channels during the quarantine crisis in the last few months. HLN mostly just shows Forensic Files and other similar shows now, but they do still have Morning Express With Robin Meade.

Reactions: edisonprime
And although I don't agree with most of their politics, I think Dish Headlines Channel should add HLN, and Dish should also add CNN International to its lineup and add that to Dish Headlines as well. Wow! I can't believe I'm advocating for CNN stations, but I still think they should add them.
Why ask for more on the app when the news and business channels are bunched up in one place on the guide. You go to CNN and up channel to HLN and up channel to Fox News etc. :rolleyes:

Why ask for more on the app when the news and business channels are bunched up in one place on the guide. You go to CNN and up channel to HLN and up channel to Fox News etc. :rolleyes:
Which works great unless you want to get to BBC World News, or RT, or some of the other lesser-known ones. Then, you would have to channel up through a whole bunch of shopping channels, religious channels, and other miscellaneous general entertainment channels before you find those.

Which works great unless you want to get to BBC World News, or RT, or some of the other lesser-known ones. Then, you would have to channel up through a whole bunch of shopping channels, religious channels, and other miscellaneous general entertainment channels before you find those.
That's what favorites are for.:biggrin

Agree, I really do watch the Headlinse mux quite a bit. Yes, I do sometimes put CNN as part of my 4 PiP Bar Mode, but that is only available at the Hopper and is more trouble to set-up. I love the Headline news mux. From within the mux, switching between news channels is easy. It's one of the most useful Muxes Dish has ever had.

Agree, I really do watch the Headlinse mux quite a bit. Yes, I do sometimes put CNN as part of my 4 PiP Bar Mode, but that is only available at the Hopper and is more trouble to set-up. I love the Headline news mux. From within the mux, switching between news channels is easy. It's one of the most useful Muxes Dish has ever had.
I agree.

Just another thought. I think Dish Network should add CNBC World to its lineup and have that on Dish Headlines Channel.

One problem I have noticed is that at a certain hour Dish drops two of the news channels (BITV and maybe CNBC?) with a beautiful exploding screen image while the two channels are taken out of the mux (likely because they start non-news programming). Once it returns (or my pressing a button) to the news mux with only 4 channels, I can't change from PIP to PIP on the mux. I have to leave the mux, and then re-tune to it. It is the only pain of the mux. Anyone else experience this?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Has anyone else had trouble tuning to the Dish Headlines channel (or any other mosaic) today? My sister is hooked up to Eastern Arc, using a Wally with software version U814. Every time I would try to tune to Dish Headlines or the other multi-channel views on her Wally, I would get a "Data Not Available. Unable to load." message, followed by signal loss pop-ups. I tried doing a Test Installation, and she has good signal on both satellites (61.5 and 72). I tried resetting her Wally through Diagnostics > Tools, and that did not fix the issue, either. Other channels, and Netflix, all work fine. It is just the mosaic apps that have trouble loading. This happens no matter whether I select them from the guide, from the apps menu, or by directly punching in the channel number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)