Status
Please reply by conversation.

W_Tracy_Parnell

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 19, 2005
South of Buffalo NY
As some of you may know, I sold my Pansat 3500 on Ebay recently. The person that bought it has emailed me and says the default password of "0000" is not working. He states that "Parental Control" and other options are greyed out in the menus and he can't access them. I never changed the password when I had the receiver, the only thing I did was a factory reset before I sent it to him.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hmm, I'm not familiar with the receiver at all but can he try a factory reset without the password?
If not a reset, a firmware upgrade may reset it.
Tell him to try 1234, 1111 etc.
Also bear in mind that he may have locked himself out and now he's trying to dump the onus on you (It happens).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I did a search on yahoo and got a bunch of results back that says he is up to no good... :no

"pansat 3500 parental control help" was the search phrase.

I do a lot on eBay and have seen this before. Either he forgot or changed the password or is trying to swap his malfunctioned receiver with yours. I would tell him that he needs to contact Pansat directly.

Well, wouldn't it be a simple procedure to just reinstall the factory software?
And another thing, a factory reset erases all the channels. If the receiver has no channels there is no place to go even if you enter 0000...and nothing to "Parental Control." Try scanning some channels and get something in the channel list then check the grayed options.

if its greyed out, something isn't right......I've had Pansats that are never greyed out even if I change the password.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Edit:

He just replied:

"thanks for the info,I didn't hook it up to a satellite yet so that could be my prob."

:wtf: Looks like you are dealing with a real "brain surgeon"!

Just to let you know, he may be coming on the forum. :eek: I had mentioned a forum and he asked so I told him about Sat Guys. It wouldn't be too hard for him to find it at Google or somewhere anyway.

Perhaps he really is interested in actual FTA and is just very inexperienced-I don't know. It just bothers me that the first thing he was concerned about (before even bothering to connect the receiver to a dish) was the "parental controls" which appearently are used for a certain off-topic subject. ;)

But maybe I am wrong-we will see.

no youi're right...parental controls are how a hacker gets into the box.....but it all ends VERY VERY soon :):):):)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)