Request for Input Regarding an OTA Installation

RogerWilco2345

Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Hey Guys,

I would greatly appreciate any and all input regarding this subject! Here are my specs:
-Dish 311 Receiver
-Dish 811 Receiver
-Dish 301 Receiver
-Dish 500 System
-DP34 Switch
-Philips Clip-on Dish Mounted Antenna for HD/UHF/VHF OTA

I haven't been satisfied with the reception quality of my dish mounted clip-on antenna for a very long time now, and would like to upgrade to something better. I purchased a regular OTA antenna off of eBay the other day, and would like to integrate it into my existing system. This is my dilemma!?. I'm not big on running a separate line, and would very much like to use my existing wiring (run). I purchased the JVI 35-DN34 to replace my old DP34 switch, because it can supposedly accept an antenna input (looks just like the 34, except for the 2 ant inputs). I installed the 35-DN34 switch, but never could get the silly thing to "play right" with my Dish 811 receiver. The problem was it only recognized the "odd" polarity, instead of "all" on SAT 119. I spent about 3 hours trying to get it to work, and finally gave up in disgust. Surprisingly, I had no problems getting the switch to work with the other two receivers (Must be that HD thing!?...).

So, this is where I am right now with this project! I'm open to any suggestions you might have...Whether it be to get the 35-DN34 switch working with the 811 receiver, or doing something completely different...The key is, I want to use my existing wiring...Don't want to run a dedicated line! Also, I'm a novice, so please don't get upset if I sound like a complete idiot!?..Thanks!:eek:

P.S.- SORRY, ADMIN -It would appear I posted to the wrong forum...Can you move this thread to the correct one? Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Boba,

Thanks for the reply! I purchased a TERK HD-TVS Slim Profile Outdoor HDtv antenna. What brand of diplexor do you recommend for this job? Where would I need to hook the diplexors up? I'm assuming it would be along the run between the antenna and the DP34...Is this right? Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)