SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Discussion - Week Ending 06/30/2007

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
Nothing new on the uplink report yet.

I know everyone is thinking..."What are they going to do with TP 17 on 110W?"

I did notice the transponder is no longer running in 8PSK mode and is now running in QPSK mode. There are two unmapped non-encrypted Dish Network logo style slates.

And for the Birmingham, AL customers. Your spotbeam that was changed to 8PSK a few weeks ago is still in 8PSK mode and does not have any video streams yet.

Oh man. I saw the new thread and got excited. All well, hopefully we'll have something fun today.

You won't believe how excited I got......then I read the rest of your post. :river

You have my permission to get excited now ... ;) Told you they were coming!

6495 - WJSU [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar7 119W TP 09 Deep South beam (Not Available)
6496 - WIAT [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar7 119W TP 09 Deep South beam (Not Available)
6497 - WVTM [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar7 119W TP 09 Deep South beam (Not Available)
6498 - WBRC [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar7 119W TP 09 Deep South beam (Not Available)

They moved FX so they could put QVC there?! What the hell is that? Why didn't they just put QVC on 136? What's so special about 137 that it had to go there? Time to lock out another channel.

They moved FX so they could put QVC there?! What the hell is that? Why didn't they just put QVC on 136? What's so special about 137 that it had to go there? Time to lock out another channel.

Why they want to move QVC from the 226???:confused:

6495 - WJSU [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar7 119W TP 09 Deep South beam (Not Available)
Digi question for you ..This mean this ch can transmit at HD on any moment?
It so will be the first one in Puerto Rico.:eek:

Last edited:
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Edit: I wonder why they changed the names of the HD channels to remove the HD?

See the thread about HBO making available all its channels in HD.

That means that 3 characters is no longer sufficient, since you need:

HBO-2E
HBO-2W
HBO-SG

etc

Note that they did not change "Discovery HD Theater", because it will be discontinued when Discovery simulcasts its main "Discovery" channel in HD.

For some reason, they missed UNIHD - I wonder if it will be like "Discovery HD Theater", ie that it will be discontinued when their SD channels (USA,SciFi) go HD this fall/winter ?

I think that USA Network has the highest ratings of any channel that is not available in HD, so it seems highly likely that Dish will add USA-HD as soon as it is available.

Great to see them uplinking more HD RSN's :up

Maybe we'll see all of them go live for the second half of the baseball season????

Why they want to move QVC from the 226???:confused:

Digi question for you ..This mean this ch can transmit at HD on any moment?
It so will be the first one in Puerto Rico.:eek:

I think "Deep South beam" is a spot beam only viewable in the South, and it certainly can only be subscribed if you are in the "DMA" (which means not available in Puerto Rico).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts