SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Discussion - Week Ending 06/30/2007

I live in Birmingham Alabama and apparently they have now uplinked our locals in HD but they are still unavailable. What is the typical lag time between uplink and available?

I live in Birmingham Alabama and apparently they have now uplinked our locals in HD but they are still unavailable. What is the typical lag time between uplink and available?
Not to sound facetious, but historically, the lag is sometime between 1 day and never. OKC was uplinked for about a month before they were made available.

More RSNs in HD is great news. Nothing for us in New England is very sad news :(

No kidding, but they haven't even lit up the rest of the RSNs yet that were already up there to begin with...such as Comcast Sportsnet Chicago for example. Its been uplinked for some time, but still nothing! It would have been great to see the Cubs annihilation of the White Sox in HD, but I guess it wasn't meant to be...(the HD part, that is...:D )

Wow, FSN Pit HD to see the buccos lose in new ways can't wait & setanta for the Premiership, Thanks E*

Now I just have to hope that theymake em available

No kidding, but they haven't even lit up the rest of the RSNs yet that were already up there to begin with...such as Comcast Sportsnet Chicago for example. Its been uplinked for some time, but still nothing! It would have been great to see the Cubs annihilation of the White Sox in HD, but I guess it wasn't meant to be...(the HD part, that is...:D )

Big difference between uplinked and available. Although it is a good sign that more HD RSN's are being uplinked. Wishful thinking but maybe they will all be turned on at the same time including my FSN North HD. :hungry:

I'd say within a month maybe 2 at the most. But there have been times where channels are uplinked but then are never made available to subs before they are pulled down.

Yesterday they had the maps on the transponder but no video streams. As of today, the TP is nice and full with 4 encrypted video streams.

To the Birmingham, AL folks...call your station's engineers and ask when they will be available in HD to the DishNetwork folks. They may not even have all the retransmission agreements signed yet. Does the local cable co have any issues with the stations HD signals not being on the system?

FSN Detroit HD!! .... and not on the Detroit spot beam either so all of us in Tiger/ Red Wings/ Piston land can enjoy them in HD!!

Hopefully this becomes available soon so we can catch at least the second half of the Tiger's 2007 season in HD!! Cool!

FSN Detroit HD!! .... and not on the Detroit spot beam either so all of us in Tiger/ Red Wings/ Piston land can enjoy them in HD!!

Hopefully this becomes available soon so we can catch at least the second half of the Tiger's 2007 season in HD!! Cool!

Welcome tjwgrr!

Pull up a chair and join the rest of us in the "uplink" waiting room

Comcast Sports Net. West (Sacramento)
Altitude Sports & Entertainment
MSG - Madison Square Garden Network
Fox Sports New York
Fox Sports Arizona
Fox Sports Bay Area
Fox Sports Northwest
Fox Sports Ohio(Cincinnati)
Fox Sports Pittsburgh
Comcast Sports Net. Chicago
Sports Time Ohio Network
Fox Sports New England
Fox Sports North
Sports Net New York

Welcome tjwgrr!

Pull up a chair and join the rest of us in the "uplink" waiting room

Comcast Sports Net. West (Sacramento)
Altitude Sports & Entertainment
MSG - Madison Square Garden Network
Fox Sports New York
Fox Sports Arizona
Fox Sports Bay Area
Fox Sports Northwest
Fox Sports Ohio(Cincinnati)
Fox Sports Pittsburgh
Comcast Sports Net. Chicago
Sports Time Ohio Network
Fox Sports New England
Fox Sports North
Sports Net New York

Good one.......and make sure the chair has a nice thick cushion too because its probably going to be awhile......or as E* would say "soon".

Birmingham coming, might be about time for me to "move," I'm pretty sure I can see that spotbeam from here.

You tease! I saw a new post in the report thread and thought there was some late night activity. Hmpf.

There is some early morning activity, but not worth excitement unless you believe in signs. :D

360 ALTUD MOVED FROM Tp 8 ConUS beam on EchoStar 5 at 129w
TO Tp 27 ConUS beam on EchoStar 5 at 129w. Not available.

When will dish add NBCHD and CBSHD in Oklahoma City

I talk with both CBS and NBC stations and was told they have talked with dish. But dish has yet to get back with them. Also I like to know if anyone heard when dish will add TV0ne to their channel lineup I know dish and cox cable has it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts