SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Discussion - Week Ending 06/30/2007

I noticed since SetantaSports is now uplinked will we also get the 2nd channel of the extra matches like on D*, I think it's still called Setanta Extra.

How often is the Uplink Activity checked by those who are dedicated enough to do so for us ?
It is done a few times a day by Digiblur, however the godfather of uplink's JohnH is constantly watching the stream and alerts me or Digiblur of changes. :) (Thanks JohnH!)

In addition we are looking at doing real time live monitoring of the stream which can produce real time updates as they happen. We have talked to a few folks who may be able to write the PHP / MySQL code necessary to do this. :)

Well, someone else can explain it better, but yes, the transponder can be set to only one mode (8psk, qpsk etc) BUT, the content on there can be mixed.

Dish only uses 8psk for HD, as it allows them to cram more HD channels per transponder. (Or, it could be SD, but they have yet to do it, due to the fact that many old receivers cant tune to the proper frequencies)

Perhaps you are referring to FOX Sports Espanol. I don't see any "Setanta Extra" on D*

No Setanta Sports is channel 615 on D*, and Setanta Xtra!

Top sporting action LIVE on DIRECTV Channel 670
Setanta Xtra is FREE to Setanta Sports subscribers with a subscription to Setanta Sports thru DIRECTV.

It is done a few times a day by Digiblur, however the godfather of uplink's JohnH is constantly watching the stream and alerts me or Digiblur of changes. :) (Thanks JohnH!)

In addition we are looking at doing real time live monitoring of the stream which can produce real time updates as they happen. We have talked to a few folks who may be able to write the PHP / MySQL code necessary to do this. :)

Wouldn't it be easier to generate the data via whatever all you guys use to either a file or to a stream and post it to the site automatically?

Hands-on is better. There are occasionally some non-corrected errors on download and how to automatically handle Rain-fade is another problem. Running an update every hour would be a waste of resources. I generate an archive every time I run a scan. The oldest I have now is June 3, 2004 which has survived 3 computers. :)

I have some from may of last year on my pc.. All though, that was the last time that I looked at the stream. Cant wait to start looking and poking and prodding the stream again to see what it drops out of the sky within legal limits of course!

How is it "monitored"?

Not that I want to, just seems pretty cool you can see uplink activity, and since ive never asked. :)

Hands-on is better. There are occasionally some non-corrected errors on download and how to automatically handle Rain-fade is another problem. Running an update every hour would be a waste of resources. I generate an archive every time I run a scan. The oldest I have now is June 3, 2004 which has survived 3 computers. :)

I also agree with this. Even though I have my uplink comparison tool tweaked pretty good these days some items have to be hand edited.

Sometimes I also get a dump of the tables with 800+ channels missing, not sure why but I just run it again and it all works out.

I just check the stream for changes each day and see what's up there. I have it down to an automated process and only takes about 4-5 mouse clicks to kick out a new report.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts