SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Discussion - Week Ending 06/30/2007

I wanted to get my RSN up in HDTV on Dish, but alas. Now that both of my area's MLB teams are on MASN (which is SD only), Comcast Sports Net here only has MLS and Women's basketball. A check of their website shows zero HD programs for the month of June.

Welcome to Comcast SportsNet

No need to weep for this RSN not being on Dish.

I wanted to get my RSN up in HDTV on Dish, but alas. Now that both of my area's MLB teams are on MASN (which is SD only), Comcast Sports Net here only has MLS and Women's basketball. A check of their website shows zero HD programs for the month of June.

If there are no upcoming events in HD on your RSN then there is a very, very good chance Dish will activate it.

For the Birmingham HD locals all the retransmission agreements have been signed and also there are no problems with retransmission on the cable systems either.:up It shouldn't take very long to go live.

Setanta!!! Oh, I'm a happy camper. They better turn them on before the start of the English Premier League season, though. I've been lurking on the forums for a while but wow, what an awesome news to post on. Setanta is coming!!!

I'm glad that more HD RSN's have been uplinked for folks around other parts of the US. I'd want MASN and Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic in HD for the DC area but seeing how our area sports teams aren't doing so well these days (more like years, actually), I'm willing to wait it out a few more months! Congrats to others, though. :D

Where in Chicago we have a whole different story. This month We have over 14 different games in hd, and thats not including the normal shows thats in hd that you can catch on a regular basis.

... and thats not including the normal shows thats in hd that you can catch on a regular basis.[/url]

Would you even get the extra shows in HD on E*?!? :confused:

I thought E* only turned the channels on for HD games, and that they weren't available 24/7.

I also have Comcast Mid-Atlantic as my RSN.

Might be no HD games now, but I'm worried it will still not be in HD on Dish Network when the Wizards' and Capitals' seasons begin. Those are in HD for Comcast cable users and perhaps other carriers other than Dish Network which apparently has some issues with Comcast.

I've noticed that Uplinking usually happens on Wednesday.

Do changes from "Not Available" to "Available" also usually happen on Wednesday ? Or do they happen at seemingly random times and days ?

I assume they usually don't happen on weekends ?

I've noticed that Uplinking usually happens on Wednesday.

Do changes from "Not Available" to "Available" also usually happen on Wednesday ? Or do they happen at seemingly random times and days ?

I assume they usually don't happen on weekends ?

They usually try to group everything into one shot on Wednesday, but there have been exceptions. :)

I don't see anything scheduled on the Bay Area, but there is some testing on STO, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Altitude.

I'm actually thinking in terms of Setanta.

Should we look for that to become available on some Wednesday, or do single channels change to Available at any point?

PS Probably no changes this Wednesday - any previous history with Wednesday holidays ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)