Request to all posters - Please put location in profile

gbjbany

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2005
El Dorado Hills, CA Nr Sacramento
Please, please, please can all of you, if you haven't already, please update you profile http://www.satelliteguys.us/profile.php?do=editprofile with your location - towards the bottom of the screen. :cool:
It is so helpful when trying to compare comments about better service "in your area" or dish configuration needs "do i need a dish 1000 ?" for example.
It will get faster answers and also help others to understand your comments.

I thank you all very much, it will improve my reading of the many great posts.

SimpleSimon

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Feb 29, 2004
Florissant, CO
YES PLEASE EVERYONE - put a city in your profile!!!

We could encourage it - EVERY TIME someone asks for ANY technical help, boycott them until they DO add it. :mad:

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Remember if you do update this field just put your general loction (or even nearest major city) we don't need your exact address. :)

(I got a few people PM me about this thread saying it was a violation of their privacy, when it's not.)

gbjbany

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2005
El Dorado Hills, CA Nr Sacramento
It was only a request.
If you dont feel comfortable doing so then dont. As scott said general location is all that's needed, like my profile and others on this thread.

My reason for posting this - There is thread going on right now about how comcast reception is better than dish, but it's hard for me , and probably everybody else, to know where that is in the country unless you either update your profile or say in your post.
I have the option of comcast and so was trying to work out if that was my local area.

In general as with all profiling it's up to you to determine the "value exchange". if providing location gets you a precise, quick answer to a question, that cant be answered easily without that information, then maybe adding it is "valuable"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)