Reruns recording on "my recordings"

n0aaa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
This has been happening all Fall. I am getting many recordings posting in "my recordings" for reruns from earlier in the season for programs I watch which have quit airing new shows. This has not happened in previous seasons. Right now it is very frequent. This is becoming very irritating (disappointment when we find we have seen the show). Fix it! Please!

This has been happening all Fall. I am getting many recordings posting in "my recordings" for reruns from earlier in the season for programs I watch which have quit airing new shows. This has not happened in previous seasons. Right now it is very frequent. This is becoming very irritating (disappointment when we find we have seen the show). Fix it! Please!
You need to check your timers and change to "new only". This indicates they are "new and reruns" currently. If you ever start a timer on an episode that is a rerun, it will automatically set to both.

I have seen it happen maybe twice at the most, where a program has the new label, and the first airing date is the same as the day it recorded, however it was an episode from last season.

This happens to me with Chopped for some reason it records two episodes the night it's new. One is usually the new and the other is from last year. I've removed and re-added the timer and it's still happening so I just live with it.

This may not be your problem, but this has been mentioned before on a Charlie Chat:

Sometimes the guide information is wrong and says that a rerun is a new show, or the guide information will not say if it is a new show or not. Under these circumstances, when the Dish receiver cannot tell if it is a new show or not, it will record the show just to make sure that you do not miss a new show.

The information that the Dish receiver uses to tell if a show is new or not, is NOT the same information that we see in the guide. Sometimes this information is encoded wrong by the guide provider.

You need to check your timers and change to "new only". This indicates they are "new and reruns" currently. If you ever start a timer on an episode that is a rerun, it will automatically set to both.
They WERE new only, but had changed to new and reruns for reasons I don't understand. After reading this thread I figured this out and changed them back to new only. How did they change? I am very careful not to pick up reruns (unless I want them). Leads to bloat in the "my recordings" listings. Could this have been a software update? Strange....

Usually it happens because you made a series link from the guide and the program you picked was a rerun. Also if you do a 'save series' from the PrimeTime section, it sets as new and reruns by default.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)