Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Both my dvrs just reset. Anyone else?

No new software, they both simply reset.

No.

Must have been just you I guess.

Would it really made a difference to you if someone elses DVR had rebooted ?

No.

Must have been just you I guess.

Would it really made a difference to you if someone elses DVR had rebooted ?

I'm not sure of your question. I am asking to find out if I have an issue on my end, and only my end, or if it is something nationally that might affect lots of us.

My r15 just reset by itself. Just before resetting the picture goes black but the audio is still going and the record light comes on. I try to change the channel using the remote and on the box, no responce from either. Sometimes when a self reset occures, the screen with the Directv logo appears after a few seconds. Sometimes I have press the reset button on the box. It does this at random and has been doing it for a few months. I think the box is starting to reach the end. I don't mind cause I've had the box sence 06. And the random resets on the r15 are the only problems I have had with all of my units.

I'm not sure of your question. I am asking to find out if I have an issue on my end, and only my end, or if it is something nationally that might affect lots of us.

Chip,
Has it reset again since the one time ?
If it hasn't, just keep an eye on it, if it starts happening over a few weeks then you have an issue, if not, it was probably a fluke thing.

Chip,
Has it reset again since the one time ?
If it hasn't, just keep an eye on it, if it starts happening over a few weeks then you have an issue, if not, it was probably a fluke thing.

It did it just that one time, but it was both of my dvrs. That was the weird part. My cynical side was thinking someone at Directv did it after reading my complaints about the AM21 tuner issue I had because the reboot happened literally minutes after I sent one of my return emails to them.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts