Resetting SW44 switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

homeporttx

Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
I move a receiver from my garage to our quest bedroom when we have company. The garage is an sw21 and guest room sw44. When I swapped to the beroom and did the test switch to get it to work on the different switch, but now I get an 004 error, problem with multi satellite switch. Like a idiot I did a test switch on one of the working receivers on the sw44 and now it gets the same error. The test function shows strong signal strength but says wrong satellite. The problem receivers list the transponters as 110 119 119 110, the remaining working receivers list them as 119 110 110 119. If I switch the incoming lines to the receivers I still get the same results (I haven't run test switch on working receivers). I've unpluged all the receivers and transformer to the switch and left them off for an hour, with the same results. Is there a way to reset the sw44 switch?

Update on problem

Unplugged all receivers, ac power to switch let sit overnight same results. Looked closer at receivers. All mine were dp301 and I was trying out one given to me by a friend who switched to Direct TV. His receiver is a 311. So I quess I'll be buying a new switch. Is there one that will run the 301's and the 311? Thanks in advace.

Disconnect the leads from the satellite and run the check switch without a feed hooked up. This should reset the switch matrix. Then hook everything back up and rerun check switch. This might help. Give it a shot.

Childress,

If you use a Dish Pro receiver with Dish Pro Switches some of the time and Legacy Switches other times, you must clear the switch matrix in the receiver. Once a receiver runs its switch check and identifies its connected hardware, that receiver will always assume the same hardware is going to be used. Different control codes and voltages are used for Legacy, as well as Dish Pro

The only way to switch from one installation (Legacy) to another (Dish Pro) is disconnect the satellite input from the receiver and run the Switch check. After this procedure you can then connect the receiver to a different installation without worrying about damaging either installation or the receiver, be sure you run the Check Switch again after the receiver is reconnected to your other installation.

Again without clearing the switch matrix before connecting the receiver to a different installation you risk damaging your receiver and or installed Hardware (Switches or LNBF's). The differences in voltage and Electrical pulse codes (Between Legacy and Dish Pro) supplied from the receiver to the LNBF's and or switches can damage and or destroy switches, this is NO IDLE Warning. BTW the Dish Pro Plus 44 switch is especially sensitive to this type of abuse, and they are EXPENSIVE to replace.

With all that said even if you are using Legacy hardware your receiver needs to be reset using this procedure as the pulse codes for a SW21 are not the same is the ones used for the SW44. If you don't reset your receiver and rerun your check switch your receiver will NOT function properly as it can't properly control its connected hardware so it can get the needed Orbital slot and or Even or Odd Transponders.

John

It's fixed thanks for all the help.

Dish sent me a dpp44 to replace the sw44 switch I was having problems with. After a morning of up and down the ladder I never could get my receivers to see the new switch. However after the receivers were cleared of switch settings trying to find the dpp44, I put the sw44 back in and every thing worked. I still can't figure out why the dpp44 couldn't be seen. I even put new leads from the transponders with extra long connections to make sure a connection was made to the long barrels on the input side of the switch. I put a sw21 in the cable (without power insertion) and everything was seen, but when I put the dpp44 in, nothing. Oh well, I getting good signals on all 4 outputs so my world is good. Thanks for all the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts