Resident Evil 6 Trailer Out

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Out of seemingly nowhere we now have a new Resident Evil on the horizon. The trailer has just been released.

Resident Evil 6 announced by Capcom, arriving November 20 on 360/PS3 with PC version later | Joystiq

I've seen it but haven't heard it (don't ask) but from what I can tell, it looks like Capcom of Japan finally got their copy of Gears of War in the mail and played it to death and thought, "Yeah, THIS is what our game should be!" Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, but if I want cover based shooting combined with an implausible plot, I could just play Gears of War 3 (which I still haven't gotten through yet, I'm embarrassed to say.)

wow, they have moved away from what made resident evil a great game it looks like...I still remember coming into the mansion for the first time and working out the puzzles and how good it felt. I will agree with you, this looks like a carbon copy of other games (gears, metal gear solid) and what made other games fun... :(

wow, they have moved away from what made resident evil a great game it looks like...I still remember coming into the mansion for the first time and working out the puzzles and how good it felt. I will agree with you, this looks like a carbon copy of other games (gears, metal gear solid) and what made other games fun... :(
I'm not sure that the old school RE games were necessarily the best. RE4 for the Wii is in my top 5 list of favorite games of all time, and I would not be thrilled to see RE6 use RE1-3 style controls and combat again.

I would like to see a combination of RE4/5 style combat with Silent Hill 1-3 style atmosphere and pacing. Sadly though I think such an invention would be so awesome that the world would collapse on itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts