Watch Dogs Trailer With Release Date

May 27th. That's actually earlier than I was expecting. Last time I looked, the placeholder on Gamefly was June 30th. I just hope the game is actually good. Sometimes these long delays mean the game is a broken mess. Other games like GTA V and The Last of Us that have some pretty big delays come out super polished. Hopefully this is closer to those games.

The link was taken down. Here's another.

Up until now I was only lukewarm on this game. The gameplay they had previously shown didn't have me quite as excited as most people. That trailer changed my attitude quite a bit. It's much more cinematic than they have previously shown. I'll be looking forward to this in May now. I'll wait for reviews to get too excited but I'm pretty sure it will be worth a gamefly rental.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 27th. That's actually earlier than I was expecting. Last time I looked, the placeholder on Gamefly was June 30th. I just hope the game is actually good. Sometimes these long delays mean the game is a broken mess. Other games like GTA V and The Last of Us that have some pretty big delays come out super polished. Hopefully this is closer to those games.
Looking at this trailer and the potential of user interaction I think they needed a LOT of time to iron out potential bugs and such. The process of getting a game to work versus getting a game to work completely as it should are two very different things.

The game does look intriguing and I also have it in my queue as well. I just wish they had displayed more of the actual GAME and how the player would interact, as opposed to what is a very cliched looking action adventure movie. The sort of thing you see advertised during WWE Raw starring Jason Statham and Christian Slater.

Looking at this trailer and the potential of user interaction I think they needed a LOT of time to iron out potential bugs and such. The process of getting a game to work versus getting a game to work completely as it should are two very different things.

The game does look intriguing and I also have it in my queue as well. I just wish they had displayed more of the actual GAME and how the player would interact, as opposed to what is a very cliched looking action adventure movie. The sort of thing you see advertised during WWE Raw starring Jason Statham and Christian Slater.

Well there are some older gameplay clips for E3 and other shows if you want to check them out. They are pretty old at this point so who knows how much has changed. Based strictly on those small slices of gameplay I wasn't as excited for it as I am now.

Well there are some older gameplay clips for E3 and other shows if you want to check them out. They are pretty old at this point so who knows how much has changed. Based strictly on those small slices of gameplay I wasn't as excited for it as I am now.
Right. Those are from E3 though, so lord knows what has changed. Actually I'd expect the reverse (cinematic scenes released first, then gameplay demo later.) In any case I'm sure whatever comes out will at least be interesting.

Speaking of release dates..

kqFNPyn.jpg

Final System Requirements out. Quite a doozy if you want the Recommended Setup.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...Recommends-Eight-Core-CPU-Requirements-Listed

I knew I should have went with the AMD 8300 instead of the 6300 for my CPU. The price difference wasn't that big but I was talked out of it by people at Tom's Hardware forum because they said the vast majority of games aren't even optimized for 4 cores. They said my 6 core would be more than enough and 8 cores was unnecessary. Well, they were right at the time but it looks like that might be changing. Now that both consoles are basically PCs with 8 core CPUs we will probably see more games on all platforms optimized for 8 cores.

I'm sure my PC will still be able to make Watch Dogs look very pretty. I would probably just have to turn some settings down, which is a first for me. All my other parts are basically the exact things shown in the recommended specs list. I have the 8GB of RAM and the Radeon 7850 they are using as their recommended AMD GPU.

Of course, all of this is hypothetical for me. Watch Dogs will be a Gamefly rental on PS4 for me unless I see a great PC sale before I get to it.

OOo.... looks like I finally found another game for my Wii U! And MONTHS after it comes out on every other console!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133677-Watch-Dogs-Heading-to-Wii-U-This-Fall

I'm surprised they would even bother. I can see a ubisoft product like Rayman Legends selling ok on the Wii U but an open world, M rated game like Watch Dogs doesn't exactly fit their audience. There is a reason GTA V wasn't on the Wii U. People who want that type of experience would have bought a different console or PC instead of, or in addition to a Wii U.

There was a time when people who wanted more mature themed games in addition to Mario and Zelda could get by only owning the Nintendo console. That's just not the case anymore.

I'm surprised they would even bother. I can see a ubisoft product like Rayman Legends selling ok on the Wii U but an open world, M rated game like Watch Dogs doesn't exactly fit their audience. There is a reason GTA V wasn't on the Wii U. People who want that type of experience would have bought a different console or PC instead of, or in addition to a Wii U.

There was a time when people who wanted more mature themed games in addition to Mario and Zelda could get by only owning the Nintendo console. That's just not the case anymore.
The reason GTA V wasn't on the Wii U was because it was in development for so long that the Wii U didn't exist at the time. GTA V was in development for about 5 years.

I'm guessing the reason they're releasing it is because they've sunk so much money into developing it so far that they crunched the numbers and decided that it's better to try and recoup some of the development costs. How much they'll get is anyone's guess. Nintendo doesn't really have much coming down the pike, and games like Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros will likely sell well on the Wii U but not bring many new customers in.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133560-Watch-Dogs-Will-Require-Uplay-on-PC-Update

This other article they had linked from the Wii U article is claiming that you only need to register the game on uPlay once if you buy it from steam. They are saying that once it's registered you don't have to launch uPlay each time you play it. If so that seems like a new development because every time I launch Far Cry 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist, or Rayman Legends from Steam uPlay has to launch before the game will. This isn't a huge deal to me but it is a minor annoyance.

Watch Dogs Marketing site launched. It looks at your FB profile and tells you your "identity." Mildly clever I suppose. I can't test it now because I'm at work.

http://digitalshadow.com/

Update: Just tried the link. It's mildly amusing if nothing else. It probably won't tell you much that you don't already know, but it does provide some interesting metrics about yourself based on your Facebook behavior. I found it amusing that it projected my annual salary at $35k (I make significantly more than that) but I attribute that to the fact that I never put my employment information on FB out of fear of said employer somehow getting info on me.

Last edited:
I'm back into the idea of sending back inFamous in time to get Watch Dogs day one. For some reason I was thinking Watch Dogs came out May 6th and I wasn't going to make it. With it not coming until the end of the month that should give me enough time to finish inFamous and all the side missions. I can probably even get an evil playthrough in if I don't play any of my other games for a while.

Either way I'm gonna try to get in the first wave Gamefly mailings again for this game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts