Watch Dogs Trailer With Release Date

Who would want to see 2+ hours of gameplay footage like this? I'm not complaining at you Poke for posting this.. I question instead why people would want two hours of gameplay before the game is released. Seems like you're spoiling the experience. I'm looking forward to this game but I really have been avoiding watching stuff because I want to be surprised by everything. I can understand maybe 1-4 minutes, but 140? At that point it becomes a "Let's Play" experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who would want to see 2+ hours of gameplay footage like this? I'm not complaining at you Poke for posting this.. I question instead why people would want two hours of gameplay before the game is released. Seems like you're spoiling the experience. I'm looking forward to this game but I really have been avoiding watching stuff because I want to be surprised by everything. I can understand maybe 1-4 minutes, but 140? At that point it becomes a "Let's Play" experience.

Yeah, I can usually see enough gameplay footage from the video review to know if I want to play a game or not. I tend not to watch or read to much preview coverage because I want to see everything for myself. I will check that stuff out when a game is first announced but when we are getting closer to launch I'd rather have it all just feel fresh.

Yeah I don't think it really shows more than what's already been discussed but I did not watch all it for sure.. :)

The amount of special editions is getting a little crazy with this game..

xkwxuua59ymp7bnqcbce.jpg

I never understood the need to pay more for a special edition of a game unless it comes with a bunch of DLC you wanted. I don't need a special box or little figurine. I don't need a box at all. Digital is fine with me. This is especially true with a new franchise like this. We don't even know the characters yet and even though it looks very promising the game could turn out to be terrible.

I'd obviously prefer the 1080p PC version but keeping that $60 in my pocket by renting from Gamefly is worth the drop down to 900p on PS4. Plus there is supposed to be some additional content included in the PS4 version. Whether that content is worth playing is a different question.
According to this report it's not much. About an hour of extra gameplay and a few boosts. Let's hope for our sake that it's actually ON the disc and they won't be doing that "online pass" style stuff, because we don't get that via gamefly (I'm getting the PS3 version.)

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/20/watch-dogs-playstation-exclusive-bundles-and-content-revealed

According to this report it's not much. About an hour of extra gameplay and a few boosts. Let's hope for our sake that it's actually ON the disc and they won't be doing that "online pass" style stuff, because we don't get that via gamefly (I'm getting the PS3 version.)

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/20/watch-dogs-playstation-exclusive-bundles-and-content-revealed

They patched the online pass stuff out of Assassin's Creed IV after EA and Sony said they weren't putting it in anymore games and Ubisoft was the only one left getting all the backlash. I don't know if they made an official statement saying that they were done with that practice for good but I would hope they learned their lesson.

Want a free in game weapon? Do this:

Text "watchdogs" to 89800
Go to the link they give you and enter the redemption code.
Fill out the form and specify which system you want it for (NO PC for some reason)
They'll give you a code.

I screwed mine up because it gave me my code and I went to get my camera to take a picture of it to save it (because writing it down is so 20th century) and my elbow accidentally hit the "back" button on my keyboard and it took me away. When I went forward again, the regular form was there and not the redemption code, so of course when I resubmitted my info it said I couldn't do that. Hopefully their "support" will help me out and if not I'll just use my wife's phone. ;p

Want a free in game weapon? Do this:

Text "watchdogs" to 89800
Go to the link they give you and enter the redemption code.
Fill out the form and specify which system you want it for (NO PC for some reason)
They'll give you a code.

I screwed mine up because it gave me my code and I went to get my camera to take a picture of it to save it (because writing it down is so 20th century) and my elbow accidentally hit the "back" button on my keyboard and it took me away. When I went forward again, the regular form was there and not the redemption code, so of course when I resubmitted my info it said I couldn't do that. Hopefully their "support" will help me out and if not I'll just use my wife's phone. ;p

I did this but texting some random number, blindly following the link it replies with, and then giving out my name, date of birth, and email address seems pretty ironic. We are freely giving out our personal information to get an item for a game that is all about hacking, spying, and stealing personal information.

I also entered the sweepstakes when I got to that Monster energy drink page. You guys are really gonna hate me when I win another free PS4.

I did this but texting some random number, blindly following the link it replies with, and then giving out my name, date of birth, and email address seems pretty ironic. We are freely giving out our personal information to get an item for a game that is all about hacking, spying, and stealing personal information.

I also entered the sweepstakes when I got to that Monster energy drink page. You guys are really gonna hate me when I win another free PS4.
Just make sure you do the right thing and SELL it like you should have done with your pre-order..

Just make sure you do the right thing and SELL it like you should have done with your pre-order..

Yep, I'm not keeping a second PS4. At this point I would probably sell it and use the money for a Wii U. I still don't think it's worth $300 but if it was essentially free money I would probably go pick up the Windwaker HD bundle. My local Target still has that one in stock. Last time I was there I saw the original Nintendo Land bundle, the Windwaker bundle, the Skylanders Bundle, and the New Super Mario Bundle. Out of all of those the Zelda bundle is the most appealing to me even over the new Mario Kart bundle.

Behold, ladies and gentlemen... King3pj is the first person to ever say, "I'm going to sell my PS4 and use the money to buy a Wii U."

xkwxuua59ymp7bnqcbce.jpg

I say all special editions are stupid unless they are close to the standard price and come with a bunch of DLC. I don't need your cheap trinkets for an extra $30. If you think any of these Watch Dogs special editions are bad check out the Wolfenstein: The New Order Panzerhund Edition

http://store.bethsoft.com/wolfenstein-the-new-order-panzerhund-edition.html

For the low price of $100 you get a bunch of crap including a steelbook case to put your game in. There is a big problem here besides just the pricing though. The game isn't included. You have to spend $100 for this limited edition and then go spend another $60 for the game on the console of your choice. Once you do that you can throw the standard game case away and use your fancy steelbook.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)