Response from Dish regarding Voom

vampz26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
Chicago
They could have easily simplified their response to "don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out..."

My Email:
With Voom, DishNetwork had a unique channel offering of niche content in HD 24/7. GalleryHD and TreasureHD were unique unto their own in that no other HD channel dedicated to the fine arts even exists! It was one of a kind!!! And now its GONE!

Voom made DishNetwork unique and worth staying with. Without it, Dish is now nothing more than a satellite provider who offers LESS HD than Directv. Same channels, but not as many. Voom made Dish unique. I would need to switch to Direct to make up for what I've lost in Voom.

Thanks for nothing. Your 22 new HD channels I could have gotten anywhere...

Their response:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your e-mail. Effective immediately the VOOM HD line-up can no longer be viewed by our customers. DISH Network continues to be the leader in providing the best movies, sports and entertainment in High Definition. In order to provide you with top quality entertainment, DISH Network continually evaluates and at times, makes changes to our channel line-up. We plan to use this opportunity to introduce exciting new HD channels offering a breadth and depth of programming that better complements our already robust HD offerings.

DISH Network understands it may feel like DISH is removing your favorite programming, but check out the comparable HD programming that is available!

VOOM Channel Alternative Programming Channel #
Monsters HD Chiller (Only available in SD) 199
Rave HD MHD 9469
Rush HD Universal HD, HD Net 9427, 9422
Specific HD Movies HD Net Movies, Universal HD, and Premiums in HD 9423, 9427

Also check out the following exciting new channels that will be available in the DISH HD Package!
ABC Family HD (DISH Network Ch. 180)
Biography HD (Ch. 119)
Bravo HD (Ch. 129)
Cartoon HD (Ch. 176)
Cinemax 5 Star (Ch. 381)
Cinemax HD West (Ch. 380)
Comcast Sports Network Bay Area HD (Ch. 419)*
Comcast Sports Network New England HD (Ch. 435)*
CNBC HD (Ch. 208)
CNN HD (Ch. 200)
Disney HD East (Ch. 172)
ESPNews HD (Ch. 142)
Hallmark Movie Channel HD (Ch. 187)
MGM HD (Ch. 385)
Sci Fi HD (Ch. 122)
Smithsonian HD (Ch. 374)
Tennis Channel HD (Ch. 400)
Toon Disney HD (Ch. 174)
Travel Channel HD (Ch. 215)
USA HD (Ch. 105)
Weather Channel HD (Ch. 214)
World Fishing Network HD (Ch. 396)

*Launch Wednesday, May 14

Watch for even more high definition channels over the upcoming weeks as DISH Network grows to over 100 national HD channels by end of year. For additional information please visit HYPERLINK "http://www.DishNetwork.com/HDupdate" DISH Network -- Dish HD. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer.

If you still wish to end your service, please know that for security reasons, we are unable to disconnect accounts via email. Please call 1-800-333-3474 to disconnect through a customer service representative, who will go over disconnection options and final disclosures with you.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to DISH Network -- Home or reply to this email.

Sincerely,

DISH Network E-Care

Whatever...:mad:

This is the same canned response they gave to my email expressing disappointment in the loss of Gallery, WorldCinema, FilmFest, and WorldSport.

I was hoping that at the very least I'd be able to pay a monthly fee $5? $7? for the Voom channels a la carte. But I haven't seen any sign of that.

Perhaps Rainbow Networks can find ways to use some of their high-culture content in some of their other ventures? Aside from Voom they also own IFC and AMC. Of course Dish and DirecTV don't (yet?) have either of these in HD either, though they exist on some cable systems. I'm trying to find the silver lining in this cloud.

CDH.

This would indicate to me that they are getting a lot of calls/emails contrary to what some have said. Keep up the emails/calls.

The only reason I went w/DISH over DirecTV is because they offered the VOOM channels...I'm so $*%&^#%@$! pissed at these morons, I could kill...and I don't suppose my bill will be reduced at all, will it?

The only reason I went w/DISH over DirecTV is because they offered the VOOM channels...I'm so $*%&^#%@$! pissed at these morons, I could kill...and I don't suppose my bill will be reduced at all, will it?

Reduce it yourself, I did. I'm not giving Charlie anything more than I have to.

Funny that. That's the same canned response I got too, including the bit about "Thanks for being a Dish customer" and "If you still wish to cancel your service", even though my email told them that I hadn't yet signed with Dish Network and the changes made it more difficult for me to choose to sign up as a new customer.

Charlie better get on overhauling the CSRs really quick. It's gotten to the point where I start chats by requesting that the CSR actually think and refrain from using cut-and-paste responses, since I've already read all that B/S myself by looking at the Dish website for 5 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)