Restart after Vacation Hold

FranKy400

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
We had programming on hold while down south for the winter. Came back north and called Dish to restart programming. Used to have america everything with HD Gold and Platinum and SD locals. We wanted to downgrade to Top 200 with the HD Gold and Platinum along with SD Locals. The customer rep will not turn the locals back on until they send an installer to the house to reposition satellite because the HD locals are on the 77. I told them it was okay to turn them on because I could still get the SD locals with the current setup and I would get someone out later on to reposition the dish to get the locals in HD. He refused to do so. I want to get a local installer that I know to come out and do the job because my experience with the ones sent by dish has not been good. Is there a reason they do not want to turn them on? Should I just play roulette with the customer reps or does anyone have a better suggestion?

my friend,

there should be no reason why that rep. should not have been able to return service to you. chances probally are that the rep did not understand what you wanted, ( probally thinking upgrade ). i would just call back and try again. puting programing on hold and restarting it has no barring on your current dish type or location. it worked in that location previously and should cont. if problem happens again ask to speak to a support coach.

Thanks you all for the advice. In hindsight I probably should have just told them to turn it back on as it was and then called back tomorrow to downgrade from AEP to Top200. Interestingly enough, when I go online to view my programming, it shows a check next to the Top200 at $47.99 and a check by locals for $5.99 which is strange since they said I couldn't get the locals and they haven't shown up in the guide. Oh well, I guess I'll start playing the game later on tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts