Restoring a satellite dish for satellite TV use (VAST)

whillast

Original poster
Jun 16, 2020
South Australia. Australia
Hi!
Two problems I would greatly appreciate advice on! In the process of restoring a 70 cm X 60 cm oval satellite dish to use for VAST set-up:
1). Need to replace the LNB holder, but have not been able to source one - no online retailer seems to stock them. Only place I could find was Florida, USA, and that one unsuitable as mount flat.
Need one that can be mounted/fitted to 25mm OD/22mm ID tubular steel LNB mounting arm.
Anyone able to assist??? Prepared to pay reasonable cost and postage as live in relatively remote location in South Australia, Australia.

2). Have painted the back of the dish with Killrust epoxy enamel. Wondering about painting the inside of the dish with Killrust Cold Galvit primer, but unsure. Some advice read mentions not using a gloss paint due to changing the signal reflection properties - Galvit is a 'flat' finish! However, being 'zinc-rich' and zinc being metal and metals general having high reflection properties I am hesitant.
Many thanks.

Hmm, haven't heard of VAST before, but it sounds like it belongs in the FTA section, so I'll move it there. Good luck!

Hi Chip!!
Thanks for that! You guessed right - VAST is Viewer Access Satellite Television (Australia) which is a Free-to-Air satellite TV service in Australia.
My post was seeking assistance with restoring a satellite dish, rather than Free-To-Air service.
CheersTony

:welcome to the forum whillast . This is the forum for that kind of question for sure. It has been asked numerous times. Search " paint dish"

Just make sure the paint leaves a flat (non gloss/reflective) surface finish to avoid making a solar furnace for cooking your LNB. I painted one of my C-band dishes flat green to blend in with the evergreen trees behind it. makes it almost invisible from a distance.

Reactions: k.r. and FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)