Retailer Chat News

So when does Dish offer a 2 tuner PVR to its customers at a price comparable to DirecTV? Come April, if there is no affordable (less than $200) dual tuner PVR and MLB EI on Dish, I will be a D* sub. Currently AEP w/locals sub and have been for over 4 years. I hope Dish does something.

Scott, what did they mention about the 510 for existing subscribers? I just sent back today my old 2700 and 4900 receivers that had been collecting dust on a shelf to get me off the Digital Dynamite (aka DHP plan) as I thought they were treating lease customers as second class citizens. NOW you are telling me that that DHP customers will get a BETTER deal? I'm confused. I have 2 Dishplayers I plan on upgrading (I actually think I will come out ahead after I sell the DPs) and am wondering about getting two under the same deal. I know there is a limit on the free receiver... how about on the $99 deal?

Existing customers will be able to get a 510 for $99 if they agree to a 1 year term of AT 50 or above plus credit card autopay

Or a free 510 if you agree to subscribe to AT 50 for two years plus credit card autopay. (Limit one receiver though on both the $99 and FREE offer)

This promotion also starts n November. I will have full details later today or tommmorow.

921?

I don't care about any of the above.

What about 921??? Any definitive date of delivery?

From what I recall I don't even believe the 921 was mentioned. (But understand while watching it phones were ringing and I was busy doing other things trying to listen as best as I could)

Hmmm, free 510 for existing customer will be sufficient to overcome my $5 DVOD fee aversion. 2 yrs @ $5 month = $120. I am ok with that. If this deal starts 1 Nov, how long does it run for? I would like to hold off and see what 522 offer they have for us old timers.

Looks like people got what they asked for, a cheap $99 or Free DVR solution for new or existing subscribers. Now there should not be as many people complain about the higher DVR receivers except those that do not have credit cards. Will they accept a debit card for credit card autopay and will they accept checking account autopay to get the free or reduced 510 receiver?

I heard two mentions on the 522 once charlie said next year and once about a month from now.

Scott:

DO you happen to remember during the Retailer chat when they discussed new locals, RE Springfield Il locals on SuperDish...did they mention if that will still include Champaign Il? In their announcement a few weeks ago, they listed the market as "Champaign/Springfield IL"

Thanks!

522 DHP only? Adios Dish, that is stupid, I really want a 522 and if a dealer wants to sell me one then whats the problem. Hello D* if this is true.

The 522 is not ready for the general public yet. The few who take the 522 on DHP will get units that are still a work in progress.

By that I mean if you record a movie of Extasy and little Johnny is hooked up to the second output, little johnny can currently watch the naughty movies his parents dont want him to see.

Once a few of the features such as the one are fixed the 522 will be released to all. :)

Scott already posted Charlie's statement on the 322 DHP only they will not authorize it on a non DHP account. I would assume the same would apply to the 522. A dealer might sell it to you but you couldn't use it.

Scott, you can delete this attachment if you feel you need to.

This is what was actually said about that issue: (of course, all things subject to change..)

(You need to unzip this .wav file to listen to it.)

Stargazer said:
Will they accept a debit card for credit card autopay?

I'm using a MasterCard branded debit card for autopay.
If you wanted to use a straight ATM card without a Visa or MasterCard logo, then the answer would probably be no.

-- Kirk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)