Retailer Chat Recap - 1/14/2014

DISH is changing their policy on other receivers with Hoppers... If you have a Winegard Pathway X2 you will be able to have 2 DISH 211's on your account even if you have a Hopper setup.

Previously you could only have one 211.

DISH is changing their policy on other receivers with Hoppers... If you have a Winegard Pathway X2 you will be able to have 2 DISH 211's on your account even if you have a Hopper setup.

Previously you could only have one 211.

Interesting. They'll just take your word you have the X2?

Call about the Virtual Joey and Blake blurts out that the Vitual Joey will be $7 a month. BLAH!! (Scott Rant! - It needs to be $5 a month (or lower) or you might as well just get a real Joey which does more!!!)

Caller asks about Super Joey pricing, he says it will cost more then the regular Joey but pricing is not set yet and they will talk about it next month.

Well, at least we now know that it'll be the same for the Virtual Joey. Ends that grape of speculation.

Call about the Virtual Joey and Blake blurts out that the Vitual Joey will be $7 a month. BLAH!! (Scott Rant! - It needs to be $5 a month (or lower) or you might as well just get a real Joey which does more!!!)

Caller asks about Super Joey pricing, he says it will cost more then the regular Joey but pricing is not set yet and they will talk about it next month.

Not smart on the Virtual Joey - should be cheaper. They should rethink this.

Maybe treat the virtual joey app like they do with the ehd on the vip211..make it a one time fee and be done with it

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Not smart on the Virtual Joey - should be cheaper. They should rethink this.

I don't see why it's of Dish's concern whether it be cheaper or not. They basically have a solution for people and you either have to pay it or put in a Joey. It's almost like supply and demand.

I don't see why it's of Dish's concern whether it be cheaper or not. They basically have a solution for people and you either have to pay it or put in a Joey. It's almost like supply and demand.

Why put all of the effort into the virtual Joey if its going to be the same price minus some of the actual Joey features?? Seems like an easy choice to me...

I agree $7 is a rip off!! I say no fee just one time software enable fee.

Why put all of the effort into the virtual Joey if its going to be the same price minus some of the actual Joey features?? Seems like an easy choice to me...

The value of the concept with one "roaming" virtual joey is for occasional use TVs. One $7 charge and I can use the kitchen TV or the guest room TV or the office TV, etc.

The problem for now is it is only supported on high end devices that aren't likely to be in those locations.

Give us a version for a $50 android stick and they may have something even at $7/month.

If nothing else, it gives a marketing answer to D* and the Samsung RVU clients.

The value of the concept with one "roaming" virtual joey is for occasional use TVs. One $7 charge and I can use the kitchen TV or the guest room TV or the office TV, etc.

The problem for now is it is only supported on high end devices that aren't likely to be in those locations.

Give us a version for a $50 android stick and they may have something even at $7/month.

If they could get it working on Chromecast that would be something!

I get all that, but the issue is really the price point. If roaming is the concern, get a full-featured wireless Joey for the same price...

The real question is, that we've been tiptoeing around, is will they disable the current wireless workaround, since it's not official, has never been supported, and will cut into demand for the new Wireless Joey? Certainly, for many, the current wireless over the home network works just fine. But the Dish version will have less contention, and likely will generate few trouble calls in comparison.

I definitely like the one-time payment idea, we'll start the bidding at $10. ;)
I don't see why it's of Dish's concern whether it be cheaper or not. They basically have a solution for people and you either have to pay it or put in a Joey.
Well... it is pretty much the same solution, other than potentially not having to put in a 24-month contract, at the price of fewer bells and whistles. I guess I do see their argument, a portal is a portal, but they paid to develop the software, not the hardware this time, so the cost of the portal is notably lower!

After all, wouldn't Dish want to move this way anyway. Leave equipment development costs to just the main home base device and let other companies pay for the development of their TVs. This would be a bonanza in savings!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)