Retailer Chat Recap 12/12/13

...one of the biggest reasons they want everyone on auto pay and paperless billing.
I am not on autopay but do get email billing notices in addition to paper bills. The paper bills actually go straight in the recycle bin (Pet peeve of mine to companies that beg you to go paperless billing: Give me a discount, even $1 - just for the principle of the idea. Otherwise, keep buying paper...). I do look at the total dollar amount though and if it's out of the ordinary, then I look at the PDF version. I will catch it when a promotion or a discount they gave me expires - anything that causes the bill to increase.

I am not on autopay but do get email billing notices in addition to paper bills. The paper bills actually go straight in the recycle bin (Pet peeve of mine to companies that beg you to go paperless billing: Give me a discount, even $1 - just for the principle of the idea. Otherwise, keep buying paper...). I do look at the total dollar amount though and if it's out of the ordinary, then I look at the PDF version. I will catch it when a promotion or a discount they gave me expires - anything that causes the bill to increase.

My gas utility company actually charges a fee to do auto pay. I thought I was getting signed up for it but it turned out to just be paperless billing. I went 3 months without mailing them a payment because I though it was being automatically withdrawn. I finally ended up getting a notice in the mail saying they would shut off my gas. I was so upset, I got on the phone and chewed butt. When I finally told them that I wanted was to be on auto pay they said they offer it but there is a monthly fee to be on it. SCREW THEM!

Amazing.

Kinda like ATM fees. Remember when they weaned us off tellers because the ATMs would be cheaper? And then started charging ATM fees!

Yep our electric company charges $2 for pay online,they don't even have autopay.At the first of the year they are going to start charging nearly 3% for using debit or credit cards.I said screw that,I'll send a check or hand them cash at the drive thru when we are in town.It's funny how some push so hard for online or auto pay,and others try to stick it to you for doing just that.

our local electric company charges 3.95 if you pay with a CC. You can do auto pay with a checking account for no fee

I tried to set up auto pay through my checking account but like I said, they charge a fee for that. I still have my checking account set up on their website for payment but instead I have to go to their site and manually pay my bill. It's easy but I have to remember to do it which is where I get myself in trouble.

Our heat company charges a fee to pay online on there website, so to avoid it I pay online through our credit union

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)