Retailer Chat Recap - August 7, 2008

ok during the last retail chat they had the HD local list planned by July 30th...now it's Fall???? R u kidding me!!!!

is it possible that they are waiting for EA to have them to live? less equipment changes.????

Whoops Leslie forgot a few things...

You can now turn off that annoying remote reminder screen. (See pictures.)

She then tells us how 1080p works. Tells us if your receiver is in dual mode TV2 will get a blank screen when someone is watching 1080p material.

Attachments

• retailer50.jpg
    retailer50.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 658
  • retailer51.jpg
    retailer51.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 710
  • retailer52.jpg
    retailer52.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 652
  • retailer53.jpg
    retailer53.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 609
Should make it easier to dial in and keep... :)

Yes, thank goodness. It just may offset the idea of lugging that monster up to a lot of 2nd story homes.

I'm sure it's going to sound self-serving, but I see the whole thing as job security. May have to rethink my recent move out to the boonies and possibly move closer to Cleveland (fuel costs are brutal otherwise).

What happened to the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Locals in HD that were supposed to come July 30th, and then Aug 6....its now Aug 7 and still no locals!

I guess they figure high-end customers can buy more tuners if they want to. The four-tuner limit only applies to leased equipment.

Not if D* is offering unlimited HDDVR lease with only one DVR fee. The notion that people who can afford to pay will pay more is absurd, most people who become rich not because they learned to throw money away but how to put money to good use. Charlie can look into the mirror himself and find the clue.

Because of the nature of my job, I visit people with large upscale houses often, most of them fall into three categories:

1) Housholds with large families;
2) Houdsolds with little interest in TV entertainment;
3) Housholds with only one or two occupants but many multi fucntion rooms.

It goes without saying for 1) you need to have the D* kind of setup, and for 2) maybe E*'s arrangement will fit but they aren't going to bring in big revenue for E*.

Surprisingly there are a lot of those rich hoseholds fall into to 3). Many of them own business and work from homes a lot or exclusively. They often have HD sets large and small all throughout house, not just in the bedrooms, but in the home office, workout room, bathrooms, kitchen, garage, guest room and home theater, etc. The idea is not just to impress people but to make the information and entertainment readily available whatever they do during day and night to fit their busy schedules.

For example going into shower not missing a beat with the current market conditions, going into the kitchen for a quick breakfast still on top of the news, same when they work in the home offices, and when they spend an hour in the home gym. After a whole week they may be able to crash in the home theater for a good movie, then in the weekend with a few buddies working on a project in the garage still able to watch a game or two.

None of the setups are used extensively but all are necessary to fit their busy lifestyle, which is why charging $500 and $13/mo. fee for each additional wouldn't appeal to them when D* can offer a $99 lease upgrade and only $4.99/mo. fee for an extra HDDVR.

Well enough of my rant, I hope someone up in the E* food chain wake up and make a call to Charlie.

Not if D* is offering unlimited HDDVR lease with only one DVR fee.

I looked at Dish builder for something close to what I have with D* (E* wouldn't let me have the number of STB's I wanted). Anyway, E* had $38.94 in equipment fees, D* had $20.96, and E* would have been worst if they allowed me to have the number of STB's I have with D*.

If I add a second receiver in September, should I inquire about Eastern Arc and replacing the two satellites dishes I have with one? Sure would make the condo neighbors happy?

Not if D* is offering unlimited HDDVR lease with only one DVR fee. The notion that people who can afford to pay will pay more is absurd, most people who become rich not because they learned to throw money away but how to put money to good use. Charlie can look into the mirror himself and find the clue.

Because of the nature of my job, I visit people with large upscale houses often, most of them fall into three categories:

1) Housholds with large families;
2) Houdsolds with little interest in TV entertainment;
3) Housholds with only one or two occupants but many multi fucntion rooms.

It goes without saying for 1) you need to have the D* kind of setup, and for 2) maybe E*'s arrangement will fit but they aren't going to bring in big revenue for E*.

Surprisingly there are a lot of those rich hoseholds fall into to 3). Many of them own business and work from homes a lot or exclusively. They often have HD sets large and small all throughout house, not just in the bedrooms, but in the home office, workout room, bathrooms, kitchen, garage, guest room and home theater, etc. The idea is not just to impress people but to make the information and entertainment readily available whatever they do during day and night to fit their busy schedules.

For example going into shower not missing a beat with the current market conditions, going into the kitchen for a quick breakfast still on top of the news, same when they work in the home offices, and when they spend an hour in the home gym. After a whole week they may be able to crash in the home theater for a good movie, then in the weekend with a few buddies working on a project in the garage still able to watch a game or two.

None of the setups are used extensively but all are necessary to fit their busy lifestyle, which is why charging $500 and $13/mo. fee for each additional wouldn't appeal to them when D* can offer a $99 lease upgrade and only $4.99/mo. fee for an extra HDDVR.

Well enough of my rant, I hope someone up in the E* food chain wake up and make a call to Charlie.

I fall into #3, I have 1 HD box in the living room (most used), 1 in the bedroom (slightly used), I would like one in the kitchen (rarely used, but mostly cause we don't have an hd box there), and I was planning on getting another HD box at some point especially once my daughter can watch tv..

September the 5th (which is a Friday) is the next retailer chat...

Odd day to have it, as its a friday... On the Monday following it is a Charlie Chat...

Something to make you go hmmm..... :D :D

I fall into #3, I have 1 HD box in the living room (most used), 1 in the bedroom (slightly used), I would like one in the kitchen (rarely used, but mostly cause we don't have an hd box there), and I was planning on getting another HD box at some point especially once my daughter can watch tv..

Hopefully by the time you are ready, Charlie will have awaken from his coma:)

My HD set in the kitchen is on lifeline cable, since I don't have any more ports on my switch. I scanned in the local digitals with the QAM tuner. :) Mostly I use it to watch the news while I eat.

They now recap the TurboHD package for new customers. They are working on making TurboHD available to exiting customers and expect to have announcements in the future. Jim says that existing customers will be able to order the HD Only TurboHD packages on February 1st. Jim says more HD is coming which will make the TurboHD packages a better value to customers.
Huh? "They are working on making TurboHD available to exiting customers...". How hard can this be? Is there some technical issue that requires new hardware (e.g. a new receiver, smart card, etc.)?

Talon Dancer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)