Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome to another recap of DISH Networks retailer chat here at SatelliteGuys.US!

As always we will focus on items that are of interest to you the consumer and nothing which is considered retailer sensitive such as costs and profits.

Amir and Brian welcome us to todays show and start talking about all the changes that took place as of yesterday. We have been over all the changes here at SatelliteGuys for over a month now so nothing new here so far. :)

Talk about adding the Sundance Channel to the Platinum Pack. (No mention of the 77 satellite issue so far...)

Talking about the NHL Center Ice package which now comes with a free sweatshirt.

ESPN Full court now comes with a free Knit Cap.

NBA League Pass now comes with a free NBA basketball.

Talking about the Cricket World Cup which will be available this year on DISH. It will also be available in HD at no extra cost.

Marketing is gone over and new promos are shown.

They are showing the new DISH Cinema for those who have DISH Platinum. With DISH Platinum now thousands of movies are free. (I was checking this out last night actually its kind of cool.) :)

After a LONG demonstration he shows us that EHD feature and tells us how easy it is to swap hard drives. He explains to us the EHD feature and explains it is free. :)

He then shows us how easy it is to install the Sling Adapter on the 722.

They then talk about training with TV Everywhere getting a huge push.

Blake comes on (Hey Blake!) and tells us changes to the DISH backend system that retailers use.

They then move on to questions and then announce that Brett Michaels of Poison will be opening up Team Summit in May.

And with that thry wrap up the next retailer chat is on March 29th....

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

Good question, they didnt mention it and I didn't test it. (I did it last night on my 722k... the new VOD setup was almost as good as DIRECTV's.)

The new free VOD does not work yet on the 922 good work Dish do not support you're so called top end receiver. Is dish going to orphan the 922?

"There - are - no - Americans - at - Baghdad - airport!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I thought we were supposed to hear some "great" news on the ViP922 by the end of 2010. I suspect I'll be sticking with my two ViP722s.

The current software if awful, but the hardware itself is very good.

With improved software this canbe an awesome box. We have already seen this with just the Netflix update. :)

And exactly where is it on a 722? All I can find under is "TV Shows" and it's all SD and TV Shows. All the rest is standard Pay VOD. I have the Platinum Package on a 722.

You need to go to Network VOD. You'll find Epix, Starz and a bunch more.... Lots of free stuff in HD there, but it's time consuming to see it all. Example, you see 5 items at a time and Epix has 650 items.....

Bobby said:
You need to go to Network VOD. You'll find Epix, Starz and a bunch more.... Lots of free stuff in HD there, but it's time consuming to see it all. Example, you see 5 items at a time and Epix has 650 items.....

Anyone figured out how to access all this free stuff on the 922 yet?

With GoogleTV I dont think we will ever see the browser back on the 922.

And Google TV does the same and MORE than Dish's implementation of the web browser. I think folks should look at the loss of Dish's limited web browser function and the addition of Google TV's superior functions as a great enhancement of such a feature, not a true loss of a feature. Also, Google feels the next Google TV set-top-box product will be much more what they had envisioned than the current Logitech device.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)