Retailer Chat Recap - January 16th 2007

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Will they still insist on forcing an installer on a subscriber who knows how to screw in two F connectors and plug in a phone line?

[rant]I really, really want to upgrade but I will not lose a day's pay to wait for an installer (yes I work Saturdays & Sundays too) to screw in 2 RF connectors and make a phone call. I can do that. I will also not overpay to buy a receiver for $400-$500 when I should be allowed to lease one for FREEEEEE (up front).[/rant]

See ya
Tony

how would they know if the part was "unapproved".? Do they inspect installs?
On occasion an unlucky FSM from the local DNS office will get the dubious assignment to go out and check retailer installs..These are done at random.
I use spec stuff so I don't care...It's more expensive but it's also better stuff...But Dish should be aware that as costs go up and their pay rates go down, many good techs are leaving the business. I may be one of them..

Will they still insist on forcing an installer on a subscriber who knows how to screw in two F connectors and plug in a phone line?

[rant]I really, really want to upgrade but I will not lose a day's pay to wait for an installer (yes I work Saturdays & Sundays too) to screw in 2 RF connectors and make a phone call. I can do that. I will also not overpay to buy a receiver for $400-$500 when I should be allowed to lease one for FREEEEEE (up front).[/rant]

See ya
Tony

I agree with you 100%. If I'm leasing it and have a committment for 18 months (our bill is close to $100 a month as it is), then why should I pay $200 up front for the privilage of leasing the equipment?!

Dish is getting tons of service calls where customers accidentally change their television channel. Example: changing the television from channel 3 to channel 52 when your remote is TV mode and not in SAT mode.

I wish the cable company I do telephone support for had that feature, You would NOT comprehend how many calls I get "my cables out" and come to find out they hit TV on the cable receiver remote and changed the input (if they have a HD/DVR) or put it on something other than channel 3 and or 4 and that's why they no longer get picture.

I wish the cable company I do telephone support for had that feature, You would NOT comprehend how many calls I get "my cables out" and come to find out they hit TV on the cable receiver remote and changed the input (if they have a HD/DVR) or put it on something other than channel 3 and or 4 and that's why they no longer get picture.

In some ways I miss working with the cable companies. At least with them, you didn't get backcharged as an installer, like you do with Dish or Direct. Any service call...regardless of blame/fault...comes back to the previous technician. It's incredibly frustrating to find out you're getting gigged over something stupid and inane such as the television being set to the wrong channel or incorrect A/V port

WHy does dish alwayssss go over the SAME OLD drivel / propoganda with Zero results all the time. They like to have these sessions to pat themselves on the back. Their chats are BORING now a days quite frankly. They say they have "PLANS" for HD as well, sooo let us know these plans and give us a realistic ETA. Nothing is stopping them from adding some more HD now. They DO have the space for a *few* more. Charlie needs to stop screwin the donkey and do something already here. IT has been an entire year since any new HD channels. Didnt we get Food HD etc etc this time last year? ;0 Charlie, PLEASE just get on with it already and stop taking your sweet time! ;0 We cant wait till this imaginary fleet of reverse polarity DBS birds show up that he has applied for with the FCC. That will take years to see happen. As it is E11 is delayed until the end of the year now due to the stupid proton rocket failure in 2006.

-B

most people cannot set the time on their vcr..They should not be allowed by law to handle a remote control..
I tell them leave the TV on channel 60 on tv #2(dual tuner) they look at me like I'm from Neptune..Dual tuner receivers are an excellent feature..Unfortunately 60% of the public is too stupid to pay attention to simple instructions on how to use them..
Here's an example..I did a Dish Mover install today and the customer after having the EQ for a year STILL didn't know the difference between the two remotes..Unbelieveable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)