Retailer Chat Recap: July 9, 2009

They're really going to tick-off existing HD subs if they give the platinum package free to new (or existing) subs who upgrade to HD, but do nothing for us who have had HD for quite awhile. No doubt about it...
This won't be anything new for DISH. Their recent changes are totally screwing TurboHD subs too -- and they don't seem to care. In fact, rumor on the street is their "fix" is to just get rid of those packages.

I received this from care@customermail.dishnetwork.com this morning:

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Please be advised that we do have certain qualifications in order to receive the HD Platinum package free 3 months. Unfortunately, this promotion requires that a customer is not yet subscribed to our HD Platinum package for us to apply the promotional credit.

It went on about promotional deals for existing subs and a link for a survey.

So, there it is...existing HD subs get shafted again. So, if you want Platinum free on Aug. 1st, looks like you'd better drop your HD package sometime before this month is over. :(

Oh, and evidently it's only free for 3 months, not in-perpetuity...

When I reestablished service last year, September, they gave me 3 months of Platinum for free. Seems like little has changed.

Somehow I think that '3 month free platinum' is a totally different issue here. When I signed up this year again, I got the 3 months free as well. I think the person that replied to the email is confusing this promo with the discussion from the retailer chat.

And if the person who replied to my email did confuse the issue with the info from the retailer chat, it wouldn't surprise me...

But it's also possible that the retailer chat got it wrong too and that it is just a 3-months free promo. There's a question in the air about which way it cuts now, and hopefully Scott can get some insider info to maybe clear it up?

I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with the $30.00 per month remaining cancellation fee. No way I'm doing any equipment upgrades and have a new commitment. Might also scare new subs away (if they find out about it).

I think it is $15/month? 24 months into $360 = $15 per month. Or did they switch it to a one year commitment?

And if the person who replied to my email did confuse the issue with the info from the retailer chat, it wouldn't surprise me...

But it's also possible that the retailer chat got it wrong too and that it is just a 3-months free promo. There's a question in the air about which way it cuts now, and hopefully Scott can get some insider info to maybe clear it up?

Agreed, I hope Scott can get us some info.

Oh, and evidently it's only free for 3 months, not in-perpetuity...

No that's the current promotion. The new one does not begin until August 1st.

DISH CSR'S KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE NEW PROMOTIONS AND WILL NOT KNOW ANYTHING UNTIL AUGUST 1ST. EMAILING THEM NOW ABOUT IT IS WASTING THEIR TIME AND YOURS.

No that's the current promotion. The new one does not begin until August 1st.

DISH CSR'S KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE NEW PROMOTIONS AND WILL NOT KNOW ANYTHING UNTIL AUGUST 1ST. EMAILING THEM NOW ABOUT IT IS WASTING THEIR TIME AND YOURS.

Does that include CEO, Scott? Because that's where I emailed my question...

Does that include CEO, Scott? Because that's where I emailed my question...

I think if your email was handled by the CEO office, it would have come from an actual person, not 'care@'. Looks like your email got pushed down to normal CSR's. But I can only judge based on my communications with someone from the executive offices.

CEO emails are answered by advanced CSR's. (Basically CSR's who have been there longer and have a good track record helping customers) bu like regular CSR's they know nothing about new promotions until they start.

I wouldn't email them until August 1st as they won't know anything until then. ;)

New Customer offers...

$15 monthly credit with Classic Bronze 100 or higher for 12 months or $10 monthly credit with DishLatino Clasico or higher.

Any more details forthcoming on new customer offers? Will the TurboHD packages still be available come August 1? Will TurboHD Bronze meet the "or higher" criteria for the $15 X 12 monthly credit? Will the activation fee waiver remain? Thanks!

I'll try another email after Aug. 1 and see what happens then.

I just got 2 free PPV coupons in the mail today...for a value of $4.99 (each)...can't even get an HD PPV because they're $5.99. In the survey I took today for Dish, I asked them if I needed to include a $1 if I wanted to use them for HD PPV, because I sure didn't want to get SD PPV.

DISHs response to my email. Confirms Scott's info that the CEO CSRs don't know anything yet either.

[FONT=&quot]Fxxxxxxx,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your email.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Unfortunately, we do not have any specific information regarding the terms and conditions of this promotion at this time. Once this promotion is released and available to our customers we will be able to advise if this will be available to existing customers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please contact me if you have any additional questions or would like to discuss this matter further.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Angeline Rxxxxxxx[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Executive Communications[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DISH Network Corporation[/FONT]

Well I hope once August 1st does come they do give a credit for platium to existing customers, I could see if it was a short tem promo or something, but if its permanent hopefully they can do something for those who currently have HD and platnium!

Well I hope once August 1st does come they do give a credit for platium to existing customers, I could see if it was a short tem promo or something, but if its permanent hopefully they can do something for those who currently have HD and platnium!
LOL, you are expecting Charlie to do the right things for his customers -- now that's funny. He recent treatment of TurboHD subs shows he has no issue with screwing current customers.

LOL, you are expecting Charlie to do the right things for his customers -- now that's funny. He recent treatment of TurboHD subs shows he has no issue with screwing current customers.

Squeeky wheel usually gets the grease. If you call and complain and they don't make an adjustment, then you will be free to take D* up on their NFL promotion. I know this much though; the last two times I attempted to leave E* for the competition, they came up with an offer of credits without a further contract committment on my part, to make me reconsider leaving.

I'm not up to speed on the current pricing of HD programming available from Direct. Does Direct offer an add on HD package that would mirror the Platinum HD package or just a single package for all HD?

This was sent to retailers regarding the HD pricing starting August 1st. Again no clear explination what will be happening to those paying $10 more a month for the Platinum package.

New “HD & Platinum” Package Priced at $10.00/mo. – Effective August 1, 2009 – We are updating our HD add-on packages. New or existing customers who subscribe to a Classic package and would like to subscribe or upgrade to an HD add-on package will receive the new “HD & Platinum” add-on package for $10.00/mo. These customers will receive HD channels that are based on the level of standard-definition programming they subscribe to, plus the channels currently available in the “PlatinumHD” add-on package. The “HD & Platinum” package will replace all of the current Classic HD add-on packages (e.g., BronzeHD, SilverHD, etc.).

New or existing customers who subscribe to DishLATINO Max and would like to subscribe or upgrade to an HD add-on package will also receive the new “HD & Platinum” add-on package for $10.00/mo. The “HD & Platinum” package will replace the current DishLATINO Max HD add-on packages (i.e., DishLATINO Max HD Essential and DishLATINO Max HD Ultimate).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)