Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome to another SatelliteGuys recap of todays DISH Network retailer chat.

The chat will begin at NOON EST and when it starts we will recap it here for you!

Like always we only post items from the chat which are of interest to you the consumer. We do not discuss dealer sensitive items such as costs. Basically the information we will post it the same info you could get from your local DISH Network retailer if they watched the show. :)

This thread will be locked and then reopened when we do our first update from the chat.

Thank you for your support!

And here we go with another DISH Network Retailer Chat...

Jim and Amir greet us.

Amir tells us todays show is not going to be a long one and then starts talking about Team Summit. which is in May.

So 10 minutes in and still talking about Team Summit... Nothing interesting to report yet.

They are finally ending their Team Summit talk. (20 minutes of Team Summit talk)

Now talking about the Echostar 14 launch. Saying that when the satellite is put in operation they will launch 5 HD makets on it and will launch 15 of the remaining 29 markets. (see slide 1 below)

The launch will be broadcast live on Channel 101.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 855
Why are 15 HD LiL DMAs going to 119 rather than 129? Edited to add: hey and I can actually read the text on that slide this time!

Rebecca from Marketing joins the show..

They show us the David Wilks video which aired on the Charlie Chat last week (Its 5 min long Man On The Street thing...)

Why are 15 HD LiL DMAs going to 119 rather than 129? Edited to add: hey and I can actually read the text on that slide this time!

129 either didn't have any additional room in those areas or like as in Shreveport, LA, a beam on 129 didn't cover all of the DMA.. same for Wichita, KS.

And it looks like both Rochester's are going up. NY on the EA and MN on WA.

Also looks like Charlie was wrong as he said these markets would launch before E14, but I knew these areas would require E14.

It's also interesting to note that Charlie said, on his chat, that those 5 HD local markets would launch "before" E*14 was operational. This makes much more sense.

Brad

edit: Beat me to it, Digi!

And with that they go to questions...

Which means this was another uneventful Retailer Chat. :)

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys! :D

I noted a Phase1/Phase2 post by Scott in the Pub that defined phases... Is that what you're thinking of?

Augusta, GA HD locals......YEPPIE! SUPER! FANTASTIC!

Its time we finally got around to the hd feed. Hopefully they will be up by the time the Masters is played here. It has sucked living in the city where the tournament is played and not being able to see that gorgeous golf course in HD here on the local CBS feed.

What would "generally" be a time table on when the locals would be up once the bird is up in the air?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)